Allocation and waiting list movement - 2018 - scores only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

paulgreen

Re: Allocation and waiting list movement - 2018 - scores onl

Post by paulgreen »

We are 7th today for KE HGS boys! We were 12th last Monday.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

paulgreen wrote:We are 7th today for KE HGS boys! We were 12th last Monday.
Excellent news!
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Family wrote:Stay positive :D
+1
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Ricky74 wrote:
Family wrote:Stay positive :D
+1
4xround, they are still only on the 207's. The list is moving a lot slower than previous years, and I have no idea how far it will go, but would be astounded if it only moved 1 point from the cut-off score. It's horrible waiting, but still only the end of May. Try not to think about it and call again in a month - you may have jumped quite a few spaces by then (fingers crossed).
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

paulgreen wrote:We are 7th today for KE HGS boys! We were 12th last Monday.
That's wonderful news :)

Your son is getting closer and closer :)
Family

Post by Family »

Hi All

I called BCC on Friday and was told DD was offered a place by letter on 14 May. I had not received anything. So I rang Sutton and they said that they had not been told and that due to staff shortages at BCC this was common. She told me to call BCC and ask them to email the new offers.

I called BCC back, another lady answered and confirmed DD had a place. I explained Sutton had not been told. She said the admissions team were only in from 9-2 and I should call back on Monday.

I did not receive a letter in post on Saturday and decided not to tell DD until I was absolute sure offer had been received by Sutton.

I rang BCC this morning spoke a different person confirming her place and said that he would get admissions team to send email.

I received a call later today from SCGS and DD offered a place. She was 4th last Monday. Just told her and she is over the moon. :D :D I will await the paperwork from BCC and Sutton.

I would recommend that you do call more frequently if you are nearing the top of the list, as I believe had I not called, BCC would have thought they sent the letter and forgot to email the school and I may have missed out or had a longer wait.

Thank you all for your support. Good luck to those waiting. I will still be watching the lists. :D :D
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

paulgreen- that’s great to hear. Got everything crossed for you and 4x. Good luck.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Fantastic news Family :D Good luck to those still waiting.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the PP cut off was for QM this year? I’ve looked on their website, but can’t seem to find it.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

helen0209 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the PP cut off was for QM this year? I’ve looked on their website, but can’t seem to find it.
It was my understanding that both QMGS and QMHS were going to set the pupil premium cut off at 305 subject to review by the governors.From memory this is what I had read from one of the schools websites.It was a surprise to me QMHS set its cut off at 300.If it has been set for both schools together it might be 300 for QMGS.I haven't seen the exact cut off confirmed from any source so far.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now