Allocation and waiting list movement - 2018 - scores only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
helen0209

Re: Allocation and waiting list movement - 2018 - scores onl

Post by helen0209 »

quasimodo wrote:
helen0209 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the PP cut off was for QM this year? I’ve looked on their website, but can’t seem to find it.
It was my understanding that both QMGS and QMHS were going to set the pupil premium cut off at 305 subject to review by the governors.From memory this is what I had read from one of the schools websites.It was a surprise to me QMHS set its cut off at 300.If it has been set for both schools together it might be 300 for QMGS.I haven't seen the exact cut off confirmed from any source so far.
Thanks Quasimodo - I did call the school this morning to confirm and she said 305 was the qualifying score, but didn’t know the cut-off score. However, she did seem a little confused and kept saying to me that there wasn’t a qualifying score, the criteria for a PP place was free school meals. I did say that there must be more than 30 children with FSM who apply, so there must be some criteria, which is when she said 305.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

helen0209 wrote:
quasimodo wrote:
helen0209 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the PP cut off was for QM this year? I’ve looked on their website, but can’t seem to find it.
It was my understanding that both QMGS and QMHS were going to set the pupil premium cut off at 305 subject to review by the governors.From memory this is what I had read from one of the schools websites.It was a surprise to me QMHS set its cut off at 300.If it has been set for both schools together it might be 300 for QMGS.I haven't seen the exact cut off confirmed from any source so far.
Thanks Quasimodo - I did call the school this morning to confirm and she said 305 was the qualifying score, but didn’t know the cut-off score. However, she did seem a little confused and kept saying to me that there wasn’t a qualifying score, the criteria for a PP place was free school meals. I did say that there must be more than 30 children with FSM who apply, so there must be some criteria, which is when she said 305.
In the admissions arrangements it days families will need to prove they are eligible for pp and that there are 30 places max for this if students meet 'qualifying score'
and in rank order.

Any help? Can't attach file as it's a PDF
Goodbyekitty

Post by Goodbyekitty »

Hi Helen0209 My friends, friend son was one of the PP's at QM this year. His score was 320.
Family

Post by Family »

helen0209 wrote:Fantastic news Family :D Good luck to those still waiting.
Thanks Helen :D Hope the list moves soon for all
Moseley

Post by Moseley »

Hi all.
We received a call today to say that my daughter has been offered a place at handsworth. Will call and free a place at Sutton for some lucky girl when I receive it in writing.

26/04/18: 21st, but there were 16 offers made since 1st march 2018.
So was 37th in the list from the start.
25/04/18 : 11th
18/06/18 : phone call to say we have a place.

Best of luck to everyone in 2018, and for the parents reading this on 2019.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

Moseley - Congratulations to your DD.
Really pleased for you both.
Moseley

Post by Moseley »

Sorry, forgot to write that her score was 221!!
Bmw1

Post by Bmw1 »

Hi all! Would like to post that my DD has been accepted to Wolverhampton Girls High school with a score of 315. She was also 4th on the list for QMHS last week so someone else will be a step closer to being accepted there! There’s still hope for everyone with that score xx
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Bmw1 wrote:Hi all! Would like to post that my DD has been accepted to Wolverhampton Girls High school with a score of 315. She was also 4th on the list for QMHS last week so someone else will be a step closer to being accepted there! There’s still hope for everyone with that score xx
Fantastic news :D
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Bmw1 wrote:Hi all! Would like to post that my DD has been accepted to Wolverhampton Girls High school with a score of 315. She was also 4th on the list for QMHS last week so someone else will be a step closer to being accepted there! There’s still hope for everyone with that score xx
Congratulations on your offer and welcome. :D

If you have any questions on the school I and others will be happy to answer any questions on another thread.Have you decided between QMHS and WGHS as you are likely to get an offer from QMHS soon ? Although they have reduced numbers from last year for non pupil premium children.

To benefit other parents what was your understanding of the cut off on offers day in March and what was your number on the initial waiting list ?
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now