BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
paulgreen

Re: BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Post by paulgreen »

We must be 1st! How exciting! I will call tomorrow. Congratulations newtoforum!!!
paulgreen

Post by paulgreen »

nervousmom wrote:That's excellent news - congratulations.

Paul, that must put you in first!

QM movement probably helping here!
Thanks nervousmom!
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

paulgreen wrote:We must be 1st! How exciting! I will call tomorrow. Congratulations newtoforum!!!
Hopefully you’ll have been offered a place when you call or it will be another agonising week waiting while it is half term. All the best :D
friendlymum

Post by friendlymum »

newtoforum wrote:
Ricky74 wrote:
newtoforum wrote:We'r at no2 today for HGS (Son scored 207 and we live 3.5miles away). Our starting position on 26th March was 20th.
Excellent - not long now :D
We received the offer letter today!

Good luck to everyone still waiting. We were at 20 to begin with and at 17 at the start of May.
congratulation that good news. Good luck :D
friendlymum

Post by friendlymum »

Family wrote:
friendlymum wrote:
um wrote:The first page has been fully updated now - if anything has been missed please let me know.
THANKS for updating first page
please update my DD waiting list status
with 217 marks she was 88th for HGGS on 23-3-18 58th 30-4-18 53 21-5-18
Sutton Girls 217 she was 21 on 23-03-18 23rd 30-04-18 5 21-05-18.
Hi friendlymum

You must be very close. I started on position 21 for Sutton. Hang on in there you are close. Good luck :D
I called Birmingham Office today and they gave me disappointing news that my DD has been moved from 5th position to 6 for Sutton Girls. My DD score 217 and started with 21 in waiting list position in March :( :( :(

I was not aware that people can still come and join waiting list, can anyone explain how does this work?
Last edited by friendlymum on Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newtoforum

Post by newtoforum »

paulgreen wrote:We must be 1st! How exciting! I will call tomorrow. Congratulations newtoforum!!!
Cheers Paul.

Paul you will hear directly from the school via a letter with a slip to complete and return. I've been given until 30 May to accept and the letter was dated 23 May. Suffice to say I'll be hand delivering it to the school this afternoon on my travels!
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Hi friendlymum

You must be very close. I started on position 21 for Sutton. Hang on in there you are close. Good luck :D[/quote]

I called Birmingham Office today and they gave me disappointing news that my DD has been moved from 5th position to 6 for Sutton Girls. My DD score 217 and started with 21 in waiting list position in March :( :( :(

I was not aware that people can still come and join waiting list, can anyone explain how does this work?[/quote]

Sorry to hear your disappointment but I would still remain optimistic at 6th.
Children can join waiting lists after March deadline - say if they didn't put Sutton Girls on their CAF originally as they may have sat the test but put down say Handsworth/local comps or privates on their CAF). Maybe they thought Sutton was too far initially etc.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

A parent will ask for their child to be added to the school's waiting list (providing they have sat the Bham 11 plus). I am not sure if schools have to agree to this though?

So the child ahead of you will be ranked higher in terms of score/distance.

There are also late sitters but not sure when they sit the tests.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

To clarify - they may have been going private outside of the CAF) and decided to phone up to be added to SCGSG
friendlymum

Post by friendlymum »

Ricky74 wrote:To clarify - they may have been going private outside of the CAF) and decided to phone up to be added to SCGSG
thanks for explaining Ricky74.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now