Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:57 am 

Just a few more places to go!!
DS now no 3 for HGS....
Can it still be done???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 am 

4xround wrote:
DS now no 3 for HGS....
Can it still be done???

DEFINITELY!

Keep fingers and everything else crossed.

All the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:33 pm 

4xround wrote:
DS now no 3 for HGS....
Can it still be done???

I hope so! How is your son coping with the uncertainty? Or does he think he's definitely going elsewhere?

I'm fairly sure he should get a place once term starts, as there are bound to be one or two no-shows. But ideally you'd want him to start on day 1 (and avoid having to pay for two different blazers!).

All the best!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:44 am 

HGS is very slow in processing the offers. After a week follow-up today we got the offer letter which we have accepted. Concern lady seems to be on leave that might be causing the delay.
4xround : Once she is back your DS position will be clearer. With WL position 3, my guess is he will surely get an offer. All the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 am 

4xround wrote:
DS now no 3 for HGS....
Can it still be done???

Without a shadow of a doubt, but this may be once term starts. I say this knowing how many offers were made after the September start, imcluding my own son who was made an offer one week in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 am 

There is still HOPE!!
DS is no 2 for HGS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm 

4xround wrote:
There is still HOPE!!
DS is no 2 for HGS

Hopefully he’ll get his place before term starts, but if not I would imagine there would be at least 2 no shows come September. All the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:39 pm 

I have been watching with a broken heart my DS has been going through **** trying to understand why he wasn’t good enough to get a spot. Today was a great day getting the nod that he would be offered a place at HGS. I am lost for words it is so hard to comprehend what we go through just to see our loved ones succeed in life I hope all those who are close to 205 will also feel the happiness we do today.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:37 pm 

Really pleased for you that your son has got the place you coveted, but please do not equate getting a grammar school place with success in life.

Success comes in many different forms - often related to hard work (which can happen in any school) - and a lack of hard work can lead to failure (even in a grammar school). Some people equate success with money - I personally equate success with happiness and health.

My point is that success is absolutely NOT defined by whether a child gets into a grammar school or not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 am 

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Really pleased for you that your son has got the place you coveted, but please do not equate getting a grammar school place with success in life.

Success comes in many different forms - often related to hard work (which can happen in any school) - and a lack of hard work can lead to failure (even in a grammar school). Some people equate success with money - I personally equate success with happiness and health.

My point is that success is absolutely NOT defined by whether a child gets into a grammar school or not.

I like what you've just said.

As a teacher I echo every word you've just spoken.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next