Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dadybear

Re: Mock Scores

Post by Dadybear »

Inner Chimp wrote:
Dadybear wrote:I got to say some of you parents are delusional on here

The amount of pressure your putting on your dcs is immense even before the actual event

Do you not think the actual event isn't daunting enough for an 11 year old

Ok yes one mock is enough to get into the idea of the procedure & to get an idea of how they are progressing but they do this at school when taking sats

Do you not realise these people run a business & are not in love with your child like you are

This is the last chance to make more money from this cohort do you think they are going to make these tests easy

come on parents open your eyes not your wallets :lol:
Daddybear I notice most of your posts are rather unhelpful. If you don’t have anything positive or helpful to say you really should keep your negative comments to yourself.
Sats are taken at the end of year 6, the 11 plus test is at the start of year 6 so how precisely do parents get an idea how their child is progressing before the test?

As for delusional and pressure you have no idea what what each parent and child is doing or going through on this site so don’t judge us all by your wonderful standards. And I will not engage in further conversation with you as you seem to thrive on your absurd comments.
There you go your already saying yourself parents are under pressure WHY?

I have been threw this process a few times let me reiterate that again a few times with success every time

No mocks. No tutoring No pressure

Children learn best from their parents the love & guidance they give or is it you don't have time or the patience

This money your spending or wasting on mocks spend it on your child watch the difference

Remember throwing money about doesn't guarantee success just makes it harder for everyone else

I just say what everyone else is thinking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

I have to say I didn't even know about the mock exams when tutoring my son.

If you choose to go down that route then it is entirely up to the parent but please understand that at the end of the day getting into Grammar School is only the beginning and if the work ethic isn't there in your child then they won't enjoy the Grammar School experience.

I have four children and with each one I gave them the option to take the 11plus. The first two declined and had a very successful education if we judge grades as success but my 3rd child decided to have a go and got the score required. My 4th child is currently giving it a go. No pressure as he likes to learn which is a major advantage.

Bottom line: as parents we always want the best for our kids. Just be careful because as a teacher I have seen some children go through some mental health problems and on many occasions it has been attributed to the immense pressure the education system as placed on our children.

All the best guys.
KH1970

Post by KH1970 »

I’m not quite sure how this has turned into what feels like a judgement on how much pressure is being put on our children, but my DD is doing the 11+ because SHE wants to, I would actually have preferred her not to. Yes she ended up doing three mocks as she’s never done anything like that before and it was about the experience (the first she was v nervous, the second got too panicky about time so ended up putting her in for a third to try and give her confidence that she could do it). I also hadn’t heard of these mocks but then she came home from school saying several of her friends were doing them and could she.

I also don’t equate a grammar school place with success, I happen to think DD will be fine wherever she goes but she wants to take it so this is why we are in this position.

And my DD puts herself under more pressure than I ever do as she’s got this perfectionist attitude that can’t be changed!
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

KH1970 wrote:I’m not quite sure how this has turned into what feels like a judgement on how much pressure is being put on our children, but my DD is doing the 11+ because SHE wants to, I would actually have preferred her not to. Yes she ended up doing three mocks as she’s never done anything like that before and it was about the experience (the first she was v nervous, the second got too panicky about time so ended up putting her in for a third to try and give her confidence that she could do it). I also hadn’t heard of these mocks but then she came home from school saying several of her friends were doing them and could she.

I also don’t equate a grammar school place with success, I happen to think DD will be fine wherever she goes but she wants to take it so this is why we are in this position.

And my DD puts herself under more pressure than I ever do as she’s got this perfectionist attitude that can’t be changed!
Apologies KH1970 if I've come across being judgmental. I just want to wish your daughter all the best.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now