Test acknowledgmnet letter not received

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jcjackson103

Test acknowledgmnet letter not received

Post by jcjackson103 »

Hi, new here - and in a panic!! I applied for my ds to sit the exam for Bishop Vesey, 9th May. I received the automated email response confirming the online application. But I am yet to receive anything else at all. I've since found out you are supposed to receive an email within 15 days of the application with your candidate number, test centre details etc. I have both emailed and called The Bham Grammar schools admissions office and have had NO response at all. Is this normal, has it happened to anyone else - should I be worried?
Many thanks
Jules
Redshoes

Re: Test acknowledgmnet letter not received

Post by Redshoes »

jcjackson103 wrote:Hi, new here - and in a panic!! I applied for my ds to sit the exam for Bishop Vesey, 9th May. I received the automated email response confirming the online application. But I am yet to receive anything else at all. I've since found out you are supposed to receive an email within 15 days of the application with your candidate number, test centre details etc. I have both emailed and called The Bham Grammar schools admissions office and have had NO response at all. Is this normal, has it happened to anyone else - should I be worried?
Many thanks
Jules
Hello - did you check your spam folder to see if it went there instead?
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

jcjackson103 wrote:Hi, new here - and in a panic!! I applied for my ds to sit the exam for Bishop Vesey, 9th May. I received the automated email response confirming the online application. But I am yet to receive anything else at all. I've since found out you are supposed to receive an email within 15 days of the application with your candidate number, test centre details etc. I have both emailed and called The Bham Grammar schools admissions office and have had NO response at all. Is this normal, has it happened to anyone else - should I be worried?
Many thanks
Jules
Not an expert on this, new too. However, if you have received confirmation that you submitted the form- then that should put your mind at ease. Might be better to email them and see if that will get a response. As previously suggested, it might have gone to spam folder.

Hope it all works out.
um

Post by um »

Firstly, don't panic - you have submitted your form and have an acknowledgement of that so you are registered to take the exam.

Secondly, this has happened to a significant number of parents this year - in all cases, they emailed and then received a response with the test centre details.

Hopefully you will receive an email reply shortly - there are still 18 days to go until the exam (not that anyone is counting or anything :wink: )