KEHS full fee or Handsworth

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
N4D5

Re: KEHS full fee or Handsworth

Post by N4D5 »

What are peoples thoughts on assisted place at KEHS compared to Handsworth Grammar.

We have been offered and assisted place which we can comfortably afford and would be happy to pay, and on the other hand our DD has a score of 239 which i hope would get her a g'teed spot in Handsworth.

Not sure what to do.
helen0209

Re: KEHS full fee or Handsworth

Post by helen0209 »

N4D5 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on assisted place at KEHS compared to Handsworth Grammar.

We have been offered and assisted place which we can comfortably afford and would be happy to pay, and on the other hand our DD has a score of 239 which i hope would get her a g'teed spot in Handsworth.

Not sure what to do.
Congratulations on both the offer and the score - I would agree that it would secure a place at Handsworth.
I don’t have experience of either school, but if you were to lose your job, could you still afford the fees? Do you have enough savings to see you through until another job was found? Do you have other children who may also secure an AP, and if so can you pay for both? Can you afford the trips on top of the fees?
Which school offers the subjects, extra curricular etc. that your daughter wants to do? Which school is easier to get to and which did you all prefer?

Sorry it’s just more for you to think about, but essentially I would go with whichever she felt she would be happiest at.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now