Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pari20

Re: 311 score

Post by Pari20 »

Thank you.
educationalmum

Post by educationalmum »

Our choices are WGHS, QMHS then Moseley Park Wton..

We went to head teachers talk at Moseley and she emphasised it has been oversubscribed the last 2 years. They are now best school in Wolverhampton after WGHS so it will be competitive.

Moseley is our nearest school and feeder school. My eldest daughter goes there and even I'm stressing whether my youngest dd will get in if unsuccessful with grammars.

You would definitely need to be living near Moseley or Heath park to stand a better chance.
Pari20

Post by Pari20 »

Yeah it's true but we don't have any choice as we are moving over that side so have to apply it now.
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

My daughter got a score of 320 on the QMHS test, it’s the only one she took. Just after a bit of advice really, do you reckon that might be enough to secure a place? Thanks
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

LChelt wrote:My daughter got a score of 320 on the QMHS test, it’s the only one she took. Just after a bit of advice really, do you reckon that might be enough to secure a place? Thanks
Remain positive.

Last year on cut off day the score was 320 and it went down to 314 from the waiting list for non pp.This year there have been changes and there are 30 extra places at the school with 150 places up from 120 last year.Its my understanding the pp numbers remain the same at 30 from last year.While there are 20 new pupil premium places at WGHS this year with numbers remaining at 145 there is a net increase of 10 non pp places between the schools.

Keep your fingers crossed for the beginning of March.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

Thanks for that, it’s so nerve wracking waiting to know. We are so proud of her whether she gets a place or not - just wish the 1st would hurry up!! If she was put on the waiting list when would we be likely to hear?? Thanks
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

LChelt wrote:Thanks for that, it’s so nerve wracking waiting to know. We are so proud of her whether she gets a place or not - just wish the 1st would hurry up!! If she was put on the waiting list when would we be likely to hear?? Thanks
Assuming that your daughter doesn't get her place on the 1st March.This will all depend on where your daughters mark is in relation to the cut off.Places will be offered from the waiting list all the way through the spring and summer after the 1st March and even after the girls begin their schooling in September at QMHS.You will get an idea how things work if you read previous years waiting lists.Here is a link from last year.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 11&t=53672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

My daughter didn’t get a place, she had a score of 320, does anyone know what the cut off score is. So gutted for her.
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

LChelt wrote:My daughter didn’t get a place, she had a score of 320, does anyone know what the cut off score is. So gutted for her.

looking like 325 for WGHS
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

I should of said this was at QMHS! Stress, just want to know if she has any chance at all. Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now