2019 Offers Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Skylark

2019 Offers Day

Post by Skylark »

So, February is flying by and the nervous have kicked in for 1st of March. I don't want to wish February away, but the waiting part has been the hardest in this whole process. It certainly been an interesting journey!
Ricky74

Re: 2019 Offers Day

Post by Ricky74 »

Good luck. Which school/s is your son/daughter aiming for?
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Ricky74 wrote:Good luck. Which school/s is your son/daughter aiming for?
Thank you Ricky74! I remember reading about your journey with your twin boys. How are they getting on at different grammars?

DS1 is our eldest and he really liked Camp Hill boys and Bishop Vesey. So hopefully it will be one or the other.

I wonder how everyone else is getting on? The consultation is also pending, I wonder if that will impact decisions on 1st of March.
bewilderedofbearwood

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

Hasn't it been a long wait? I can't shake the irrational fear that I have filled in the CAF wrong!

Hoping for KEFW for my DS. I think it is an unsettling time for the children- lots of talk of who is going where but nothing definite yet.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

bewilderedofbearwood wrote:Hasn't it been a long wait? I can't shake the irrational fear that I have filled in the CAF wrong!

Hoping for KEFW for my DS. I think it is an unsettling time for the children- lots of talk of who is going where but nothing definite yet.
It certainly has been a long wait :shock:
I am sure you have done it correctly. I had the same fear as you after submitting the CAF. I e-mailed the admissions team the day after submitting, just to make sure it had gone through and if I had filled it in correctly. It's terrible to feel overly anxious, but at the same time you don't want to make mistakes either.

All the best with your first choice :).
bewilderedofbearwood

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

Same to you :D
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Skylark wrote:
Ricky74 wrote:Good luck. Which school/s is your son/daughter aiming for?
Thank you Ricky74! I remember reading about your journey with your twin boys. How are they getting on at different grammars?

DS1 is our eldest and he really liked Camp Hill boys and Bishop Vesey. So hopefully it will be one or the other.

I wonder how everyone else is getting on? The consultation is also pending, I wonder if that will impact decisions on 1st of March.
Thanks for remembering us! They are doing just fine thanks. The time seems to have whizzed by and I think each school suits the boy - the sky hasn't fallen in as they're not together.

Hoping the allocations go everyone's way. February suddenly feels like a long month when you're waiting.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Ricky74 wrote:
Thanks for remembering us! They are doing just fine thanks. The time seems to have whizzed by and I think each school suits the boy - the sky hasn't fallen in as they're not together.

Hoping the allocations go everyone's way. February suddenly feels like a long month when you're waiting.
Glad to hear they are doing well. The waiting continues and that bit has been the hardest really.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

10 more days left!

I would love to know if it's worth staying up until midnight and if Birmingham LEA ever updated the online portal at that time?
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

We had a right faf our year. One twin got their allocation around lunch and the other nearer 4pm. Other friends found out by 8am and Solihull already knew and cut offs were coming in.
So it was another long day.

Hope BCC pull their socks up this year!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now