Looking for children from Burton to KE Handsworth school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

makka

Looking for children from Burton to KE Handsworth school

Post by makka »

Hello,

My daughter got place in KE Handsworth ,Birmingham. We are looking for any children who may be travelling from Burton upon Trent to this school .If any ,please let us know.

Thanks in Advance!
Nella

Re: Looking for children from Burton to KE Handsworth school

Post by Nella »

Hi. I’m apologising in advance as this post won’t contain the information you are looking for, and feel free to tell me where to put my opinion!

Burton to Handsworth is a substantial commute. Is any school worth the journey your daughter would be doing twice a day for 5 years? Quite frankly I think it is bonkers. One of the reasons the B’ham grammars have catchment areas is to try and prevent these crazy commutes.

Sorry to be blunt and good luck!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Do take a look at the FAQs section which has two useful sections for you on long journeys and considering car shares https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... um.php?f=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Do take a look at the FAQs section which has two useful sections for you on long journeys and considering car shares
I often do that journey the opposite direction and trust me, you do not want to do it by car.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Are you able to move, perhaps, if not the whole way, to somewhere that's accessible by public transport?