B’ham waiting lists 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Samura

Re: B’ham waiting lists 2021

Post by Samura »

Hi Sillycart, thanks for the reply. I’ll be honest, I was pleasantly surprised it had moved that many places already, which made me think there may hardly be much more movement? Fingers crossed for all of us.

Looking back at the posts you’re DD was 24th on the list originally which means she must be quite near the top now? Hopefully you’ll hear something soon from the FO
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Samura wrote:Hi Sillycart, thanks for the reply. I’ll be honest, I was pleasantly surprised it had moved that many places already, which made me think there may hardly be much more movement? Fingers crossed for all of us.

Looking back at the posts you’re DD was 24th on the list originally which means she must be quite near the top now? Hopefully you’ll hear something soon from the FO
I did contact the FO today and i was told she was still in the same position so I'm a bit uncertain what's going on. Having said that I was told there was no movement last time and someone on here got on offer so for me that's a better indicator of movement. I've resigned myself to the fact now that if it happens it does, otherwise I think it's easy to become quite obsessed. Please do let me know if you find there has been further movement and i can then contact the FO again. I'm trying not to contact them unless I know of certain movement.
Samura

Post by Samura »

Will do Sillycart.

You’re quite right, it is easy to become obsessed about this. It’s been playing on my mind a lot recently but as u say, it’ll happen if it’s meant to be. I do find it strange how your WL position hasn’t moved at all, there has to be some kind of mistake there, unless they made a mistake with my DD (which probably sounds more likely). Hope you get an offer through soon
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Samura wrote:Will do Sillycart.

You’re quite right, it is easy to become obsessed about this. It’s been playing on my mind a lot recently but as u say, it’ll happen if it’s meant to be. I do find it strange how your WL position hasn’t moved at all, there has to be some kind of mistake there, unless they made a mistake with my DD (which probably sounds more likely). Hope you get an offer through soon
I was advised that the position was given to me once all the offers had been taken into account. I'm not sure how it works but she was originally higher so she has moved just not as much as I thought she would have based on movement with others. I have only checked her position twice so it may also be that others have been added in the interim as they do say your position can go up as well as down.

Wishing your daughter all the best too and fingers crossed for all who are waiting.
Pratima

Post by Pratima »

Sillycart wrote:
Samura wrote:Will do Sillycart.

I was advised that the position was given to me once all the offers had been taken into account. I'm not sure how it works but she was originally higher so she has moved just not as much as I thought she would have based on movement with others. I have only checked her position twice so it may also be that others have been added in the interim as they do say your position can go up as well as down.

Wishing your daughter all the best too and fingers crossed for all who are waiting.
Hi Sillycart,

Fully agreed ... As I also chasing it for my daughter the position of waiting list goes up and down, shuffled completely according to the distance, Sibling preference's and score.

Thanks
Bluebell1

Post by Bluebell1 »

Samura

My DD is on the waiting list for CHG, I am in the same boat as you are.. Two days ago, we had an online Welcome Evening with Handsworth and I know that many parents, who were sent registration forms following the offer letter, have not filled them in and returned them yet. It could be because they won’t take up the place offered. Who knows?

I also know that CHG has only sent offers and no registration forms to parents at all. It might be because there is so much movement around that they think there is no point in sending any reg. forms until things settle down. I may be totally wrong of course!

Best thing to do is to wait patiently and see how it all pans out!

All the best of luck!
Samura

Post by Samura »

Hi Bluebell1,

Thanks for the information, a part of me is reassured and maybe slightly hopeful that there will still be some movement, especially if a lot of CHG offers have not been accepted/declined yet (although it’s highly unlikely they would be declined). It all seems abit messy tbh but as u say, we just have to be patient. I’m only going to be contacting FO on a monthly basis to check on WL position now, looks like there was a lot of movement around May time last year looking at older threads so who knows how this year will pan out.

All the best for CHG for your DD, hope the offer comes soon :)
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Wonder if anyone would know whether offers from waiting lists are sent out in batches? Or is it the case where one offer is refused, an offer is sent to the next in line straight away? Thanks
Samura

Post by Samura »

Sillycart wrote:Wonder if anyone would know whether offers from waiting lists are sent out in batches? Or is it the case where one offer is refused, an offer is sent to the next in line straight away? Thanks
A few days ago when I asked about my DD’s position, I also asked which day of the week is best to inquire for future reference, I.e when are the batches of offers sent out. They replied by saying “offers are made as and when a child refuses the offer”.

Hope that helps
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Samura wrote:
Sillycart wrote:Wonder if anyone would know whether offers from waiting lists are sent out in batches? Or is it the case where one offer is refused, an offer is sent to the next in line straight away? Thanks
A few days ago when I asked about my DD’s position, I also asked which day of the week is best to inquire for future reference, I.e when are the batches of offers sent out. They replied by saying “offers are made as and when a child refuses the offer”.

Hope that helps
Hi Samura

Many thanks, that's very helpful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now