Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hallgreenmum

Re: B’ham waiting lists 2021

Post by Hallgreenmum »

Hi all

New to the forum.

Has there been any movement on the CHG waiting list? Is there any chance with a score of 222?
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Hallgreenmum wrote:Hi all

New to the forum.

Has there been any movement on the CHG waiting list? Is there any chance with a score of 222?
Hi hallgreen mum

Welcome!

I don't think there has been much discussion about movement at CHG on here...albeit I do believe the list is moving. I think you are probably best placed asking the FO. They can usually give a good indication of movement and where abouts you are on the waiting list.
Pratima

Post by Pratima »

Sillycart wrote:

New to the forum.

Hi hallgreen mum

Welcome!

I don't think there has been much discussion about movement at CHG on here...albeit I do believe the list is moving. I think you are probably best placed asking the FO. They can usually give a good indication of movement and where abouts you are on the waiting list.
Hi Sillycart,

As you mentioned about FO ...... do we need to write the mail to them ? if yes what's the mail id of it please.

Many Thanks
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Pratima wrote:
Sillycart wrote:

New to the forum.

Hi hallgreen mum

Welcome!

Hi Sillycart,

As you mentioned about FO ...... do we need to write the mail to them ? if yes what's the mail id of it please.

Many Thanks
Hi Pratima

Yes if you drop them an email they are usually quite quick to respond. When I have contacted them on both occasions, they have been very swift to reply.

https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org/contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you use the contact form on the above page, they will respond.
Pratima

Post by Pratima »

Hi Sillycart,

Thank you so much for the reply and above details!

Thanks
xx
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Samura wrote:Will do Sillycart.

You’re quite right, it is easy to become obsessed about this. It’s been playing on my mind a lot recently but as u say, it’ll happen if it’s meant to be. I do find it strange how your WL position hasn’t moved at all, there has to be some kind of mistake there, unless they made a mistake with my DD (which probably sounds more likely). Hope you get an offer through soon
My daughter has moved a further two places. Have you chased recently? Was wondering whether this equates with the same movement for you too?
Samura

Post by Samura »

Sillycart wrote:

You’re quite right, it is easy to become obsessed about this. It’s been playing on my mind a lot recently but as u say, it’ll happen if it’s meant to be. I do find it strange how your WL position hasn’t moved at all, there has to be some kind of mistake there, unless they made a mistake with my DD (which probably sounds more likely). Hope you get an offer through soon
My daughter has moved a further two places. Have you chased recently? Was wondering whether this equates with the same movement for you too?
I haven’t checked since last week.....the first time I asked the FO they were quite direct about saying how only to contact them every 2 weeks at least and no sooner. I wasn’t going to enquire for another couple of weeks but I might send them another email tomorrow to see if we’re going in the right direction too.

I’m glad your DD is moving up the list now :)
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Samura wrote:
Sillycart wrote:

I haven’t checked since last week.....the first time I asked the FO they were quite direct about saying how only to contact them every 2 weeks at least and no sooner. I wasn’t going to enquire for another couple of weeks but I might send them another email tomorrow to see if we’re going in the right direction too.

I’m glad your DD is moving up the list now :)
Thank you Samura. Yes I too have been very cautious in contacting them too frequently. I'm awful at waiting for things to happen though and would rather know either way, then again Rome wasn't built in a day so one must be patient.
Samura

Post by Samura »

Don’t worry Sillycart, I’m abit like that too (actually a lot like that lol!). I like to know either way what’s happening too but I will let u know as soon as I find out how my DD’s position has moved in the WL
Samura

Post by Samura »

My daughter has moved a further two places. Have you chased recently? Was wondering whether this equates with the same movement for you too?[/quote]

Hi Sillycart,
I’ve just checked with admissions and my DD has moved up 3 places to 23rd so it’s in line with your DD’s movement. Looks like it’ll be a long wait on my side but fingers crossed we hear something over summer