B’ham waiting lists 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sillycart

Re: B’ham waiting lists 2021

Post by Sillycart »

Samura wrote:My daughter has moved a further two places. Have you chased recently? Was wondering whether this equates with the same movement for you too?

Hi Sillycart,
I’ve just checked with admissions and my DD has moved up 3 places to 23rd so it’s in line with your DD’s movement. Looks like it’ll be a long wait on my side but fingers crossed we hear something over summer[/quote]

That's great. Yes here's hoping we hear soon. My second is only a toddler yet and I'm already thinking do I ever want to go through this again! I would love a portal that you could just check for updates as opposed to emailing FO. They must get fed up at some point..poor souls.
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Hi, i wonder if any of those who have had offers could help. If an offer were to be made off a waiting list, would the first indication of this be via a letter directly from the school? or do the FO office update? Thank you.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Hi Sillycart.
Last year we had an email from the Head’s PA with the offer of the place.
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Nella wrote:Hi Sillycart.
Last year we had an email from the Head’s PA with the offer of the place.
Thank you Nella.
Our post has a habit of going AWOL and we are forever delivering to others. Last time we checked with FO we were quite high on the waiting list, I don't want to keep emailing the FO but also don't want to miss the communication should an offer be made.
Minnie2021

Post by Minnie2021 »

Sillycart wrote:Hi, i wonder if any of those who have had offers could help. If an offer were to be made off a waiting list, would the first indication of this be via a letter directly from the school? or do the FO office update? Thank you.
Hi Sillycart, i logged onto birmingham admissions and found out i was offered a place before i received a letter from the school so might be worthwhile checking that now and again if you dont want to keep emailing FO especially if you are quite high on the list.
Samura

Post by Samura »

Hi Sillycart,
You mentioned your DD is quite high on the WL now, Would you mind saying what her current position is?
Looking back at your posts on this thread, am I right in thinking that she was 22nd a couple of weeks ago?
Samura

Post by Samura »

Hi all,

For anyone still interested in the Birmingham grammar waiting lists, I emailed the FO this morning to get some more information, their reply was:

Unfortunately it is doubtful that the waiting lists will move much more now, all places have been accepted across the grammar schools.”

Looking almost impossible for my DD now but wishing everyone else all the best of luck x
Bluebell1

Post by Bluebell1 »

Hi Samura

Thanks for the info. Please don’t feel disheartened. I am a strong believer that children who are determined to succeed will do so regardless of which school they are in.

The whole 11 plus process is very challenging ! Had I known how demanding and stressful it is, I would have never put my child through it. When we had the offer on the 1st of March, the first thing I did was to get rid of anything to do with 11 plus! All books, tests, notes etc...

Please remember that what your daughter has achieved is remarkable and the resilience she showed under lockdown is amazing! She is already a successful child, you have nothing to worry or be sad about.

I wish you and your daughter all the best.
Sillycart

Post by Sillycart »

Samura wrote:Hi Sillycart,
You mentioned your DD is quite high on the WL now, Would you mind saying what her current position is?
Looking back at your posts on this thread, am I right in thinking that she was 22nd a couple of weeks ago?
Hi Samura

We have received an offer of a place and are just in the process of returning the paperwork. To be honest like you I wasnt very hopeful at all and had accepted a place elsewhere. As bluebell says don't be disheartened, I am also a firm believer that children will will excel if they have the right support and the passion to succeed. Wishing you and your daughter all the best.
Samura

Post by Samura »

Wow congratulations Sillycart, that’s amazing news! I know how stressed out you were and I really wish your DD the best of luck at HGS!

Thank you so much Bluebell1/Sillycart for your kind and reassuring words. I won’t lie I do feel disheartened because I feel I am guilty for not giving my child the best opportunity to tackle the exam.....we decided late on to register her for it so I don’t feel she was prepped as much as most other children would have been. Having said that I do agree Bluebell1 that she was an absolute trooper in lockdown and did commit as much as she could have when other children were out having fun. We are so proud of her passing it in the little time she had and I think that’s enough for her take away from this process as well. Would I do it all over again with my DS next year? I’m not so sure either.

I’ll still remain hopeful until the end of summer but she’s 21st on the list atm so realistically I cannot see it happening, that’s too many girls needing to reject a place last minute for whatever reason. I’ll keep you posted of any developments though.

Thank you once again
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now