QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GinaKC

Re: QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Post by GinaKC »

quasimodo wrote:Remain positive.

It’s clear from some postings some girls have been offered places at more than one school.
Once acceptances and rejections start filtering through there will be more movements at the schools.

I hope it all works out.

My eldest daughter posted to the family today it’s a 100 days to her wedding.Which by my reckoning makes it 102 days to the start of the September term.102 days is a very long time for things to happen.

The pandemic has caused us lots of problems on the wedding contracts from last year in September.I can only imagine what its done to the admissions systems at different schools.
Thank you for your kind words. I will try to remain positive. You’re right, there still lots of time for things to change.
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

GinaKC wrote:Good afternoon,

Update - spoke to Wolverhampton Council and they have said my DD is now 6th in the WGHS waiting list. So she has moved from 4th to 6th on the list. I’m really not sure how this has happened and definitely feel very disheartened by this update. It doesn’t seem the waiting list has moved at all, and worrying that’s it’s going back instead. Keeping hopeful but think it’s looking unlikely for my DD.
Hi Gina
Sorry to hear that. For some reasons the WL is moving so slowly this year as compared to previous years (reading from the blog). Lets hope we hear the good news at last.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Kanchi wrote:

Update - spoke to Wolverhampton Council and they have said my DD is now 6th in the WGHS waiting list. So she has moved from 4th to 6th on the list. I’m really not sure how this has happened and definitely feel very disheartened by this update. It doesn’t seem the waiting list has moved at all, and worrying that’s it’s going back instead. Keeping hopeful but think it’s looking unlikely for my DD.
Hi Gina
Sorry to hear that. For some reasons the WL is moving so slowly this year as compared to previous years (reading from the blog). Lets hope we hear the good news at last.

Hi Kanchi, thank you. It hasn’t moved at all, which is baffling but maybe it’s just the impact of covid and everything the school is having to do. Did you manage to get a recent update from WGHS? I’ve thought best to wait a while as I’m sure they’re fed up of hearing from me all the time!! My daughter is still sitting on the revised waiting list position of 6. Keeping hopeful but as the weeks go by I’m thinking it’s looking less likely :(
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

GinaKC wrote:
Kanchi wrote:

Hi Gina

Hi Kanchi, thank you. It hasn’t moved at all, which is baffling but maybe it’s just the impact of covid and everything the school is having to do. Did you manage to get a recent update from WGHS? I’ve thought best to wait a while as I’m sure they’re fed up of hearing from me all the time!! My daughter is still sitting on the revised waiting list position of 6. Keeping hopeful but as the weeks go by I’m thinking it’s looking less likely :(
Hi Gina
Just heard from WGHS and sad to know that my daughter has now moved to position 16 from 14 (2 position up). Bit sad and losing hope :(. But I am very hopeful that you'll soon get an offer as your daughter is very close to the cut off point.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Thank you Kanchi. It is definitely disheartening. It’s a shame the list hasn’t moved at all. I don’t think my DD will be successful in gaining a place but I will keep you updated
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

Hi, could someone tell me what the cut-off has been for QMGS this year? Thanks
SH031

Post by SH031 »

Hi All,

Just to share some info on QMHS waiting list.

My daughter has just been offered a place, she scored 318 and was 15th on the list on the 15th of March. Her position has moved as follows :

15th March 15th
27th April 6th
11th May 1st
25th May 1st
14th June 1st
22nd June - Offer

I am very relieved as last year there was a forum member (cookie1) whose daughter was 15th on the list in March and 2nd at the end of June but did not get a place.

All the best to those of you still awaiting for a place at QM and Wolverhampton.
Kanchi

Post by Kanchi »

SH031 wrote:Hi All,

Just to share some info on QMHS waiting list.

My daughter has just been offered a place, she scored 318 and was 15th on the list on the 15th of March. Her position has moved as follows :

15th March 15th
27th April 6th
11th May 1st
25th May 1st
14th June 1st
22nd June - Offer

I am very relieved as last year there was a forum member (cookie1) whose daughter was 15th on the list in March and 2nd at the end of June but did not get a place.

All the best to those of you still awaiting for a place at QM and Wolverhampton.
Wow, that's really a great news, congratulations and thank you for sharing as I am also eagerly waiting for the WL movement on WGH school. Your post is giving me some hope finally as my daughter was 14th in the WL at the beginning and 16th last month. Haven't spoken to the school lately. Will do tomorrow.
Many congratulations to you and your daughter.
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Hi all,

Wonderful to hear of positive news! I have spoken Wolverhampton Council admissions today and they’ve confirmed that my daughter is now 4th place again for WGHS. She started off as 4th, then moved to 6th, and now 4th again. I’m not sure how much the list will move at this point but will keep hopeful.

Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting as we are x
Lokicokey

Post by Lokicokey »

Just to let you know, my friends daughter has been offered WGH today. She was 3rd on the WL.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now