KES interviews

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
charlissimo

Re: KES interviews

Post by charlissimo »

The_Graduate wrote:KES are interviewing approx 50 candidates for the 25 assisted places. Interviews are taken place every Saturday starting from 6th November. I presume they have advised all the candidates by now.
I thought the results of 11+ weren’t given until December. Are interviews before that?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

the interviews are held before the results are published. when the results come out it is for a specific offer of a place eg FF / assisted / scholarship
charlissimo

Post by charlissimo »

hermanmunster wrote:the interviews are held before the results are published. when the results come out it is for a specific offer of a place eg FF / assisted / scholarship
Thank you
DavJam99

Post by DavJam99 »

Has anyone received a result letter from KES yet?

We have attended the interview and bursary meeting, and they have told us anytime up to the 10th of December. We are hoping that our son gets an offer, but to be honest I am unsure if KES is really worth the extra cost. Our first choice state school, Bishop Vesey, is also an excellent school, with high results and a lot of extracurricular activities. The head of Bishop Vesey also left us with a very good impression.

When we visited KES we found the Chief Master and Deputy Chief Master to be both warm and friendly, and they have a strong vision for KES. The whole interview was relaxed and my son enjoyed speaking about himself. The students looked orderly in the classrooms, the library was fine... but of course, this was just a brief 30-minute glimpse. Our son did feel very proud of the whole interview process, and I could see his eyes light up as we walked into the building, maybe it was the old building and the large flag outside which added to the atmosphere. A very positive experience.

If anyone else is currently going through the KES application process please do let me know your thoughts on everything so far?
anxiousmum79

Post by anxiousmum79 »

Hi everyone. We got the KES results yesterday and our DS is on reserve list. Any ideas how much chance is there ? Anybody heard of how much movement was there last year ?? Thanks
DavJam99

Post by DavJam99 »

We received an offer last Thursday but will wait until after the open morning on the 22nd of Feb before deciding.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

DavJam99 wrote:We received an offer last Thursday but will wait until after the open morning on the 22nd of Feb before deciding.
Congratulations! We received an offer as well . Will you be waiting for Grammar results before deciding ? With us, We are solihull based and not in catchment of any Grammar School ! BV is possible but very far from us and no Green bus as well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now