BIRMINGHAM ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JustOutside

Re: BIRMINGHAM ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2022

Post by JustOutside »

Monkoo wrote:When do the waiting lists start moving historically?

My daughter has been 1st on the waiting list for Sutton Girls since the list was published. She has stopped rushing for the post every day now.
I'm afraid I don't know the answer, @Monkoo, but I'm really surprised that not one single person has declined their place. I wonder whether it's worth checking with the LA or the school (I'm not sure which one manages the waiting list at this stage) to make sure that you haven't missed a letter or email.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

JustOutside wrote:
Monkoo wrote:When do the waiting lists start moving historically?

My daughter has been 1st on the waiting list for Sutton Girls since the list was published. She has stopped rushing for the post every day now.
I'm afraid I don't know the answer, @Monkoo, but I'm really surprised that not one single person has declined their place. I wonder whether it's worth checking with the LA or the school (I'm not sure which one manages the waiting list at this stage) to make sure that you haven't missed a letter or email.

The other possibility is that a place has become available, but in between you asking for your DD's position on the waiting list, someone with a higher priority has joined the list and been offered. I would also suggest that you check whether this might have been the case, although of course if the Admissions Code has been followed, it won't actually alter your DD's status.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Monkoo

Post by Monkoo »

The school tell me that they have spaces. Hopefully we’ll get an offer soon.
Monkoo

Post by Monkoo »

For any parents with children on the waiting list for Sutton Girls, I have been told today that there are 7 places that will be offered within the next week.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Just phoned to see about waiting list movement for BVGS. In the first month after offer day we moved from 55 to 54 but have now jumped to 30 so there must have been a lot of offers made recently and this should have a trickle down effect on WL for KEA and Handsworth Boys.
millieRed

Post by millieRed »

@Muminbrum that is good news to hear. Hopefully see a few more movement.

Has any one's child moved down the waiting list for KEA or Handsworth Boys in the last 3 weeks? There hasn't been much movement for my son. He is 11th for Handsworth and 42 KEA.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

millieRed wrote:@Muminbrum that is good news to hear. Hopefully see a few more movement.

Has any one's child moved down the waiting list for KEA or Handsworth Boys in the last 3 weeks? There hasn't been much movement for my son. He is 11th for Handsworth and 42 KEA.
I'm actually now wondering if we would take a place if one was offered as happy with Handsworth and there are several boys going there from DS3's primary school. DP is still keen on BVGS hence we checking where things are at. I was shocked as there had been no movement up to now.

I would have thought you have a good shot at Handsworth from that position even if it comes late. DS2 went to induction day at one school and then was offered a WL place elsewhere the week after.
millieRed

Post by millieRed »

just to give an update,

my son has moved to 3rd place from 11th for Handsworth and 32 from 42 for Aston.

Still movement happening.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

millieRed wrote:just to give an update,

my son has moved to 3rd place from 11th for Handsworth and 32 from 42 for Aston.

Still movement happening.
Fingers crossed. We once got offered a HGS place the first week in September. We declined this at the time (long story) went to the comp, then went back on the waiting list and got offered a place again in the Feb (which we accepted).
My point being, that places do move and come up at HGS.
millieRed

Post by millieRed »

my son got an offer back in July for HHG which we have accepted. I want to him to go to Aston which was our first choice due to commuting distance. He is 13th place now not sure whether the waiting list will go further down now. Lets see what happens.