Adams Grammar School Transport Assistance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ChessDad

Adams Grammar School Transport Assistance

Post by ChessDad »

Hi All,

[1]
Does anybody know if the bus service from W-Ton to AGS, is a service run by Telford Council or Wolverhampton Council.

[2]
Is it free or does it cost, so we can plan the yearly budget.

[2]
What is the procedure for requesting an extension of the service to run bus stops from extended parts of Wolverhampton. The reason why we ask is just in case we find several kids from the same area who would like to be picked up from a bus stop near home. Hence if we could get suppoprt for lobbying such an application that would be great, cheers.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

The bus service is not Council run. The school organise the bus service but do make it clear in the info that they send that they do not have to and do not guarantee a place for every child. Did you not put your son's name on the list when he was offered a place at the school? If you didn't it would be a good idea to ring the school now because last year the bus service was oversubscribed.

The service is operated through Hill's coaches and costs about £700 for the academic year (you would need to check with the school for the exact amount). There is currently one bus that starts in Codsall and one that starts in Compton, then goes to Tettenhall, Perton and on to school. I don't know if the routes will be the same next year, but I think they have been as they are for the last however many years.

I don't know whether they would be willing to add another stop if there was sufficent demand, again you would need to check with the school.

There is just one bus service in the morning and one after school, so they do need to be collected from after school activities.

Hope this helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now