Tutor recommendation Birmingham / Solihull?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

legaraal

Tutor recommendation Birmingham / Solihull?

Post by legaraal »

New to this site!

My daughter is in Year 5 at what I am increasingly thinking is a not particularly good state primary. She is interested in trying the entrance exam for King Edwards Camp Hill school for girls in November 2010. She is a bright girl but I find myself more and more suspecting that most of the kids who pass the KEH exam have been tutored "to pass the exam" if not for other reasons. Can anyone recommend a good 11+ tutor, preferably from first hand experience with their own children? I gather that "fm", who posts knowledgeably on these forums, is already fully booked for 09/10 "tutoring year". Other parents are obviously a lot more clued up about the whole process than I am!

Thanks
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Legarral

I think many parents do use a tutor, but there are are also many that use a self tutoring approach using many of the resources and papers available on this site. You will probably find that self tutoring is often better (and cheaper) than using a poor quality private tutor that doesn't understand the form of the KE Univ of Durham 11+ tests.

If you really don't think that you are not capable of the self tutor approach then you can probably find a number of tutors just simply by searching on Google. If you do use this approach make sure you obtain references and if possible speak to the reference parents by phone.

Try to avoid large tutor groups if at all possible.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now