Help and Adice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stressedaddy

Help and Adice

Post by stressedaddy »

Hello I would like to ask 4 questions and advice would be appreciated.

1) Due to all the Postal disruptions, we haven't had the final confirmation of test information for the KEGS in two weeks time. We have had one confirmation of test centre, and note saying a letter will follow. If ths postal issue continues into next week, hwo is the foundation going to ensure parents are informed of time and other relavent details?

2) We know more or less the test format and type of test, but I also understand it is multiple choice. Is there a seperate answer sheet with blocks to mark for answer or is it on the question paper? I know from my old "O" Levels days, if you missed on answer or marked the wrong one, you could get into a real muddle with the rest of the paper, as it would be misaligned with the questions/answers

3) If the child is unwell on the day or the morning, what is the process?

4) Any tips for the preparation night before and on the day of the test, I think Patricia had some really good advice except I can't find it anymore.

Thank you.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi re your questions
1. perhaps ring the Foundation office for clarification re the postal strike.
2. The kids mark their ans on the q paper itself.. no separate sheet.
3. If child is unwell I'd imagine you'd ring the Foundation office and they'll advise you.
4. I think Patricia's advice is on a "sticky" at the top of the Bucks section.
Personally I'm getting my son to chill on the Fri night... I don't think there's much more you can do at that stage. Some TV, computer.. whateverf he wants!
fm

Post by fm »

My advice would be to do something physical on the night before--go for a run, a swim, a game of badminton--so your child is tired out and will get a good night's sleep despite the banging of the fireworks.
um

Post by um »

We also had a letter confirming the test centre and saying a follow up letter should arrive. It hasn't.
There is no telephone number for the Foundation office given, nor is it on the internet - anyone know it?
I had given them my email address in the form so was hoping they would contact me via that.

My post was in a mess even before the strikes began, the council have now posted 2 application forms for my fourth child's nursery place next year - they have not arrived, and I'm stressed I'll end up missing the deadline as they won't email me it! 3 books from amazon due last week have not arrived either...
(Oddly enough the bills have been arriving without any problems!)
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi um

The phone number for the KE Foundation grammar schools admissions is 0121 415 6004 and the email address is

office@ske.uk.net
um

Post by um »

Thanks for the info. I'll wait for todays post and then give them a call.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi I got my confirmation letter today, we are sitting it at Sutton College in Sutton coldfield...is anyone else??

As to prep..hmm..fro some reason both my son and I have both just chilled out for some reason. I think we've just about had enough of the whole process, although I don't tell DS that. I have to remind myself to try and motivate him :shock:

FTM
um

Post by um »

I think we're both so tired now that instead of doing his vocabulary we were reduced last night to sitting watching 'stupid' George Bush youtube clips.
I suppose at least it taught him what happens if you don't get a decent education....
:lol:
um

Post by um »

Strange that my message was censored (!?!) It wasn't rude, honest. I was only mentioning the website that we watched the video clips on...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now