Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
um

115 hours to go...

Post by um »

yes i am going mad,
but
did you know that there's only 115 hours to go until the KE exam?
mm2

Post by mm2 »

Hi

um- I know what you mean... I am now way beyond mad!!

DD has suddenly completely lost the understanding of the english language, and is struggling to find syns and antonyms of basic words.
Hey maybe they change the format of the exam this year, and they just heve to do colouring in and dot to dot!!!

mm2
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

um and mm2 doing our best here to block it all out! Son had teacher day so I'd planned last min revision and going over queries etc. Have we done that?? Nope .. been in town half the day buying up TK Maxx, M&S ,JD etc all thoughts of 11+ in 4 days banished.
mm2

Post by mm2 »

Hi

Clarendon- every day starts with good intentions , and then ends in disappointment and a new pair of trainers, and a new bracelet from claires and a friend for tea and a ........

Anyway , I hope the exam marker has a sense of humour... as some of DD's answers have me tears ...

mm2
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Of course that is where "x" is!!!! what do they expect if they don't ask for the value of x......
mm2

Post by mm2 »

Hermanmunster wrote
Of course that is where "x" is!!!! what do they expect if they don't ask for the value of x......
do you think that would stand up in an appeal?

mm2
confusedmom

Post by confusedmom »

: :roll: Oh good grief..... can we have another 3 months or so I'll be so gald when this is all over and then its that dreadful wait for 1st of March,think I need more cake for the winter months in hiding! :oops:
mm2

Post by mm2 »

did someone say cake?!!!!!

um

Post by um »

107 hours to go.

Gulp.

Nice cake.
za1

Exam questions

Post by za1 »

I am taking inspiration from mm2 and would like to suggest to you that you should discourage the following types of answer :

1) They do cover algebra in KEGS....I don't think they cover expanding equations....but if they do....don't do as below :

2) If they ask this sort of question, I don't think the elephant getting in the way is the answer they're looking for :

3) They will definitely ask for differences between numbers. Differences don't mean the following :

Q: "What is the difference between 8 and 5?"

A: "8 is round on top, and 5 is flat."

4) 3) If KEGS include graphs as follows, I think the answer they want is : the mass is reducing gradually over time and then reaches a plateau. Not :