Queen Mary's Boys - waiting list question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
headintheclouds

Post by headintheclouds »

Hello there, this school was our first choice but sadly DS didn't get offered a place. (we got our second choice so still pleased tho)

We were sent a letter from the school with the scores wothout having requested it.

He was ranked 306th , standarised score of 315. Not really suprised as he found this exam the toughest of all of them and was shell shocked after it!

Kind of know he won't be offered a place but just curious about whether he'll automaically go on the waiting list or do we request this? Also,if the places were offered to the top 217 boys, does this mean only the boys in this range will be given a place on the waiting list?

Sorry for all the questions, but we're first timers in all this and Walsall say they won;t discuss waiting lists till the 15th March. We just want to know either way,

would really appreciate some info, thanks all so much x
headintheclouds

HI all,

Is no one able to help with waiting list info then?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I have split the thread so that your post is not lost amongst others' posts headintheclouds. I hope that you soon get some responses.

It's better to start a new thread if you have a question which needs answering.

Ed's Mum
Moderator.
um

Post by um »

my understanding is you are automatically placed on the waiting list. i am surprised walsall admissions won't clarify this. perhaps the school will?

as the first 217 in the exam were offered a place (i.e they had to go down to no.217 to fill their 96 places because some will have been offered higher choices anyway), and your son stood at 315, I can only assume he is 98th on the list.
However many above him in the exam may have been offered a higher choice so will not be waiting for QM, thus meaning your son could likely have a higher place on the list than this.

I would suggest you contact the school for clarification.

Good luck!
headintheclouds

thanks Ed's mum and UM x