Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Yes, definitely wait. Torturous!!! :mrgreen:
um

Post by um »

glad i am not the only one struggling to light some interest in my son for this one. the weather is not helping.
i'm just hoping he takes his woolly hat off as its a full day and he kept it on the whole Solihull exam - he does suffer with the cold!
we live barely 15 min from KES but i pushed husband and son out the door at 8.10am as i was worried about traffic. they arrived at 9.15am and said there were huge queues. hope everyone got there OK.

anyway here's hoping he managed a bit more punctuation than i've just done!
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi Um,

Isn't the wait sitting at home while they are there sitting the exam killing you. You'd think after all the other exam it gets better and we should be used to it!! At least its the last one.

We panicked as the traffic wasn't moving and started walking instead, ended up behind the school. We encountered three closed doors and finally got to the front! PANIC!!

Good luck to everyone...after this we only have till D-Day for the results.

FTM
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi Layla.. thanks for asking re my d... mostly she's enjoying her school but often comes in saying she hates it! I think homework and rules etc bug her a bit!! How does your d like Sutton? I've no more kids so this today is THE very end of 11+. Just got to tackle all the paperwork that's taken over my dining room!

Dropped son off in good time this am.. got there early and easily but more problematic getting back onto Bristol Rd... wonder if those few stragglers I saw running along Bristol Road at 9.28am made it. Also saw a couple of boys in short trousers... what's that all about? Snow on the ground and rain pelting down... unless, of course, their prep school had insisted on it. I did feel for them!
Anyway off to get him soon. Can't quite believe that's it, apart from results!!
BB248

Post by BB248 »

It was very busy this morning, wasn't it. Mr Claughton told me that 599 boys were sitting the test today. Is that typical of numbers sitting in the past? It seemes an awful lot.

Oh well, they will be out in just over an hour. Hope there are lots of happy, smiling boys at 3pm.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

BB248 wrote:Hermanmunster

I don't know the film Clockwise, but you've piqued my curiousity so will HAVE to do exactly what you warn against, althou maybe after tomorrow....!
LOL! Clockwise was John Cleese as Chairman (or something like that) of the headmasters association, he was obessesed by time and arriving on time - his whole school ran to the second. He was due to give a speech to the other headmasters and the venue for the speech in the film was KES (the main hall ? known as Big School ... memory fading, was actually meant to be Norwich!!!) He ran into endless trouble on the way there - lost / wrong trains / chased by police - wearing stolen clothes / other people in tow (confused old ladies) ete etc and the final scenes are a police chase up and down the boys school drive. I went to KEHS in the 70's so loved watching this

try the well known video channel Y-- T---
BB248

Post by BB248 »

Aha! Spotted the school hall on said y** t***, but no clips of car chase, or at least, none that I could find. Will have to track down the film - could do with a laugh, poor boy a bit down in the dumps after todays exam :( :(
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Thanks for the reminder herman. I recall seeing this more than once in the eighties and found it hilarious. Never knew KES featured. BB248 have just ordered a copy on A*azon for £4. My boy found the VR very hard yesterday but thoroughly enjoyed his day at the school. All we can do is try to forget about all the tests now.. eay to say I know!
BB248

Post by BB248 »

Clarendon

Thanks for the tip - a little internet shopping for me too, me thinks.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Haven't seen the whole of clockwise for some years... £4 you say ... on A.A.O.??? mmm might just have to go shopping ...

Watching the clips reminded me of the old cars!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now