newport girls , shropshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hiddlydiddly

Post by Hiddlydiddly »

Congratulations to your daughter for getting a place. Its a great relief. I hope she goes for NGHS. I have to say I am not keen on TTS and neither our 2 were taht keen to go their either.

Yes I noticed the balance of area to out of are had changed when I got the letter this morning. Quite interesting. The figs I quoted in my excitement yesterday were from the previous year.

Heres looking forward to September and beyond!

Hiddlydiddly
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Heidi wrote:Hiddly Diddly, received great news by post this morning, my daughter has also got a place at Newport and TTS. I will let her choose but she has always preferred Newport. I am so happy and can't wait to tell her.

Letter states that 36 were from out of area this year, quite high?
Don't know yet if any of her friends got a place so will have to play it low key at school gates.

Well done to your daughter again.
Congrats on yourt results - but I am intrigued how you got places at both - the CAF system only lets you have one school place??
Hiddlydiddly

Post by Hiddlydiddly »

TTS (Thomas Telford School) operates its own admission system and as such any child who gets a place their will also have a place allocated at another school by their home LEA (you can apply for TTS from parts of Wolverhampton as well as Telford). Its all a bit weird.

Hiddlydiddly
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Thanks Hiddly Diddly, yes I'm sure she will opt for NGS, TTS never felt quite right to me.

By the way, I live in a place beginning with P but she doesn't go to PPS, although has friends there. Hope this makes sense. Do you know how many girls from there got in?

Hermanmunster, the other school is Thomas Telford School which has its own separate entry criteria, not administered by the LEA. There is an entrance assessment where they then take pupils from 9 bands of ability and many pupils seem to excel at sports, county level etc ( not my daughter). Very business like, excellent results, don't think it's for her but realise how lucky she is.

Thanks for your good wishes.
Hiddlydiddly

Post by Hiddlydiddly »

Heidi

We also live in P and yes my daughter goes to PPS. Goes yours got to RPS?

As for PPS, 2 girls got in as far as we know (at this stage).

I feel like a spy!

Hiddlydiddly behind the grassy knoll
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Yes we are at RPS but live nearer to PPS and so far know of 2 others from her school.

My daughter knows of your daughter's name through mutual acquaintance from PPS who was also successful. Plot thickens.
I think I may know of 2 others from PPS who got in apart from your daughter.

When I told my daughter about Newport she turned into a helium balloon. Her response to TTS? No thanks.

Heidi hiding near the P Avenue bus stop.
HIddlydiddly

Post by HIddlydiddly »

The plot thickens. We have just heard of a 3rd in Joannas year at PPS. First their is my daughter JH-S, MJ and MB. Does that make sence?

So are you saying 3 from RPS? We should find a way of sharing names so that maybe they can meet up in the summer before they start together or at least introduce each other at the induction day.

We are now looking to move to Newport by September as with both children at school in Newport and my work not being in Telford, it might be easier to live in Newport.

Kids eh!

Hiddlydiddly
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Hiddly Diddly,
Yes what you are saying makes perfect sense.
MB is a near neighbour of ours and MB also very friendly with one of the other two RHP girls, who coincidentally knows your daughter from gymnastics. Don't know the other M though but my daughter (RD) has heard the name through the grapevine.

Small world, we have probably fought over parking spaces in the co-op before now.

My daughter can't wait to get her uniform and go on the school bus.
Between the six( so far) of them I'm sure they'll know each other soon.

Still can't believe that only 20 got in from Newport.
Good Luck with your house move.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why don't you register then you can PM each other!!

This thread is getting like a Bond movie !!
Hiddlydiddly

Post by Hiddlydiddly »

Ah Gymnastics. These gymnasts get everywhere.

Cheers

Gumper44
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now