The First of March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
za1

Post by za1 »

mike1880 wrote:
When did we tell ours? Ah, well, he woke up to go to the toilet at about 2.30am so we pounced immediately... :oops:

Mike
Hi Mike

I can beat/equal that. I got the email about 12:10 and I actually tried to wake my son. He was completely gone and wasn't taking anything in at all......but muggins here was still shaking him about saying " You've done it ....you've done it!!". I think he mumbled something like "huuuu.....what?" and then slumped back to sleep. Next morning, he had no recollection of this at all.

And no - I haven't won any 'Good Parenting' awards recently.

za1
um

Post by um »

very funny indeed! i can't see my son waking up, he's always been my best sleeper - been sleeping through the night since 2 weeks old.

we have agreed we'd tell him in the morning but I do wish we could find out on a Saturday to give some time for digesting it before school. I've already had a talk about how he should handle the news - to be positive whatever and especially not to be arrogant and to remain humble if it is good news!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Ours normally sleeps for England, I don't know what made him wake up that night (unless it was all the whooping?).

Mike
concerto

Post by concerto »

Hi Mike1880

I have pm'd you

concerto
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Hi concerto, I've sent you a reply.

Mike
Milla

Post by Milla »

now we're all jealous and want to know what you 2 are talking about!!! :P
(sorry, got bored in Glos and trespassed up the M5 a tad)
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I know, it's always irritating when that happens. :lol:

You're not the only one who's bored, I really have better things to do than hang around here (especially since we're not even in it this year!) but they're just not very interesting. Mind, it was worse last year - Jan/Feb went on forever! You all have my sympathy getting through the next few days.

Mike
moto

Post by moto »

Four more days of anxious wait remaining, outcome of all the hard work our DC went through is nearing. I wish all the luck in the world to the parents and children who have gone through all the hard work. Keep smiling not long to go now. :) :) :) :) :)
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Well as we draw towards the end of the week and the results are nigh- I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the parents the very best!

I remember being in this situation last year and it was very stressful but I was fortunate in that my postgraduate studies offered a good distraction!

Any other tips.... :roll:
a vigorous spring clean works wonders, as well as a family outing over the weekend. And lots of TLC to your DC- they have worked hard over the last couple of months and whatever the result, they're still you're shining stars!
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

:? AND :( AND :?: All at the same time......

I endorse all that has been said by the Well Wishers......

I THink I'll go and lie down.......
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now