Advice please !!!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moto

Advice please !!!!!!!

Post by moto »

From the BCC appllication website it appears my DS has been offered his second preference. We are pleased with this as it's one of the KEGS. Can anyone please tell me what i will need to do to find out how far he was from getting his first preference? This was also a KEGS.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi moto

Congratulations on your KE Grammar success - what was your successful second choice and what was your first?

You will autimatically be on the waiting list for you 1st choice but you need to get your scores, what the last pass mark was for your 1st choice and find where you are on the waiting list. You need to be within 1 or 2 marks of the last pass score to have any realistic chance of getting in on the waiting.

I believe the procedure has changed regarding obtaining scores, you used to be able to phone up the KE Foundation office but now you have to formally write I beleive requesting the scores and other information.
moto

Post by moto »

KenR wrote:Hi moto

Congratulations on your KE Grammar success - what was your successful second choice and what was your first?

You will autimatically be on the waiting list for you 1st choice but you need to get your scores, what the last pass mark was for your 1st choice and find where you are on the waiting list. You need to be within 1 or 2 marks of the last pass score to have any realistic chance of getting in on the waiting.

I believe the procedure has changed regarding obtaining scores, you used to be able to phone up the KE Foundation office but now you have to formally write I beleive requesting the scores and other information.
Thanks KenR, our first choice was KECH and second was KE Aston.
Is there any dateline by which this has to be done, and does it affect the offered preference? Also would I be able to find by ringing the foundation office if DS is in the waiting list?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now