Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
notthisyear

queen marys boys

Post by notthisyear »

does anyone know the pass mark for qm boys this year
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi, Raw scores were out of 227, MY DS got 148 raw score and that gave him 335 in standardised scores. It said in letter top 217 students were offered a place. He was ranked 166th.

No actual pass mark details were given

Hope this helps.

:D
PS- He did better on this exam and that was supposes to be harder :roll:

FTM
um

Post by um »

How are you FTM?
Was the QM letter sent automatically?
I had been thinking they would send a letter but have not received one. I'm interested in the QM score, if only because ds insists he wouldn't have passed QM (he found it the hardest) but I think he must have if he got into CH!?
Looks like I'll have to ring up and see...
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi um,

I'm fine thanks, yes QM did send them automatically. I phoned them because he also said it was the hardest, so wanted to see what score he got there compared to KE. He was ver nervous on KE test day and tearful going and coming. On QM he was fine and scored relatively well. I would be interested to know what other children got especially those with KE offers.

FTM
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Oh and um I;m sure your son excelled in the QM also!!!! :roll: Unlike mine I don't know what happened on his Ke test. He did REALLY well on BV also got full marks in maths and overall only lost 7 marks in whole exam. This still gave him a score of 371!!!

Standardisation stinks! :(

FTM
samuel

Post by samuel »

:roll: :lol:
deny

Post by deny »

Hi FTM, you must have an older boy I'm guessing - September birthday? That marks your score down, as you obviously know, but I don't know by what kind of percentage it tends to work out at. I suppose that it all depend on the spread of other candidates.

I don't know how many questions my DS missed (but more than seven I'm guessing; and didn't know you could ask), but his standardised score at Bishop Vesey was 379 & he was 31st in the exam. He's a May birthday, so that must be a significant advantage when standardising the raw numbers.
bmukherjee

Post by bmukherjee »

my son got the queen mary letter

he stood 4th ; raw score 186 out of 227; standardized to his age score was 393.

we r proud of him
fm

Post by fm »

Age standardisation in the Sutton exams has much less effect than most people think--often as little as 1 extra mark for every 4 months.

What makes the really big difference is how close you are to a top score and how few other people are. For instance in VR, each point scored over 42 out of 45 tends to give a child an extra 9 or so standardised points.