KE Aston or Bishop Vesey

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fm

Post by fm »

Either go down Harborne Park Road, then take the second exit on the roundabout (next to the hospital one) onto Vincent Drive, along to the roundabout on which is the medical school and take the 3rd exit.

If you live at the other end of Harborne, go right at Green Man, take Somereset Road, then right onto Farquhar to roundabout, then again take exit for University. The drive is less than 10 minutes in the morning.

You would have a choice of 7.40 or 7.50 ish trains but you could probably risk even later for the boys' school.

The only hard part is avoiding all the other Sutton/BV parents parking just off the roundabout at the med. school, then pulling away without looking!

As far as journy hassle, I think Aston and BV are neck and neck.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

If the train is an acceptable option then travel arrangements to BV have a lot more flexibility - obviously the Green Bus provides a degree of peace of mind, but there is only one and that can be a disadvantage, e.g. if your son is delayed leaving school for some reason (there was a bit of confusion at CH during the snow when they finished early one day and the bus went without several kids).

Mike
lindah162

Post by lindah162 »

Hello,
Personaly i would go for the school where you have the definite offer. My ds is on the waiting list for Aston also but he hasnt been offered a place or on the list for BV. If he had been offered BV then i would be more than happy with that as both are great schools. I would like to be able to make preparations for him starting his new school.

We are lucky as we live close to both but you live some distance from both of them so I don't think that makes a difference
redbull

Post by redbull »

KEAston is roughly halfway than BVGS. Can cut down the journey a lot for after school & weekend run. We are exploring KEA more now.
rugbymom

Post by rugbymom »

I would say the decider for me may be the area. Much nicer to walk to sutton station than Aston. My son is at Aston and there have been one or two cases of muggings since he has been there (4 years) Having said that,it could happen anywhere.
Good luck.
redbull

Post by redbull »

Hi Rugbymom, are you & your son happy with the school & the environment there. What about teaching, homework,results etc. Any bullying & racism problems in school.
rugbymom

Post by rugbymom »

Yes he has been really happy there.
I have never known of any racism issues.My boy is white british in a class of asian,polish,african carribean etc.
Tons of homework,some nights working till 10.It has been the best thing for him though.. He loves the multi cultural aspect of it.
To be honest I don't think racism would be tolerated at all.They are very strict on behaviour. Some slight bullying issues which have been dealt with effectively.
I wouldn't hesitate about sending my others there.
Hope this helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now