uniform for KECHB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bmukherjee

uniform for KECHB

Post by bmukherjee »

Could anyone name a shop where u could buy the uniform?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Clive Mark in Kings Heath or Early Years on Stratford Rd in Shirley.

I'd go fairly soon unless your son is likely to have a growth spurt - we got ours around June I think, and the shop was nice and quiet, but I wanted to drop in to EY during the summer holidays for something trivial and they were so busy they had bouncers on the door, they were only letting in as many people as were leaving!

You can get most things from anywhere (trousers, shirts, jumpers, blazer, etc). The only thing you need the suppliers for is (1) badge for blazer, (2) rugby and PE kit and (3) possibly tie - although you could only buy that from the AFS (parents group) last year, I don't know what they're doing this year. One thing I did notice - EY has a copy of the kit list behind the counter, but their list says only the school team needs cricket kit - our list doesn't say that!

EY, and I assume CM, will also do the tiresome embroidering names on rugby/PE kit (for a charge, obviously!).

Mike
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

The only other thing is that the rugby kit is changing at KECH (according to Clive Marks).

My silly boy lost his rugby top which I purchased from Early Years (and was quite expensive). I bought a replacement from Clive Marks for only £5. Quite fortunate as it was the right size and house colour. But apparently KECH are doing away with them for the next academic year...but I suppose that would be listed on your uniform list?
um

Post by um »

I would also like to start buying uniform asap - I like to do things in advance!

However I would prefer to have the official CH uniform list, and I've not received any communication or list from them since their offer. Their letter did say that on the 6 July the uniform suppliers would be at the parents event. I don't know if there's just displaying or if we can buy everything then. And obviously I won't have my son with me to check for size.
With 5 kids, shopping is horrible at the best of times and certainly from July - September, Early Years tends to be packed out and it takes ages to get served!
Has anyone received anything from KECH?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'm sure you'll have the letter soon, we had everything except the tie long before the July evening.

It was my favourite clothes shopping trip ever :D .

Mike
um

Post by um »

Yes, I suppose I will be happy when he's all dressed up :lol: his Primary school don't have ties or anything like that, so it'll be quite different!

I suppose I'd better hold off buying the rugby kit if it is going to change?

Just out of interest, the school site states trousers can be either black or grey and shirts can be either blue or white..and the blazer, I think, is navy? seems pretty loose uniform rules then - Are there any particular preferences that most boys adopt?
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

The rules aren't loose-just grants them a little flexibility :lol:

Trousers are black or dark grey - we purchased both from EY and I find a subtle difference between them. The shirts are sky blue and / white. We picked up both sets from Early Years as DS likes to alternate the colours each day.

Have to agree- I also thoroughly enjoyed shopping our shopping trip although, my other four children were green with envy over the attention their eldest was getting!!
bmukherjee

Re: uniform for KECHB

Post by bmukherjee »

Clive Mark --Wylde Green has sorted us out with the uniform; really helped
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now