KES fees

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ok1

KES fees

Post by ok1 »

Greetings all,

Just wanted to clarify something with regards to KES.

If you are offered an assisted place/bursary/scholarship at KES, do these cover the full course up to A-Level, or would you need to apply every year. My only concern is a scenario where for example an assisted place is offered in year 1 and then KES adjust the limits/conditions in subsequent years, which could potentially create a financial strain on the wallet, i.e monthly contribution yr1 £200 could this change to yr4 £500? not sure what the finer points are with these arrangements.

Anybody with more wisdom prepared to shed light on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mike1880

Re: KES fees

Post by mike1880 »

A scholarship is for a fixed percentage of the fees for the full 7 years (so as the fees go up, your own contribution would also go up). An AP is a variable percentage based on your earnings and is reviewed at intervals, the percentage awarded could go up or down depending whether your income changed. There's a document on the KES website somewhere that tells you how much of the fees an AP would cover.

Mike
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

this is the document I think - though maybe old - will look for newer one when I have more time

http://www.kehs.org.uk/UserFiles/File/T ... INGHAM.pdf
ok1

Post by ok1 »

My thanks to both Mike and hermanmunster for your reply.

Kind regards