The exam day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
firsttimermum

Re: The exam day

Post by firsttimermum »

Hey everyone,

OOH I think parents are more stressed than the dear DCs!! Hats off to you Mike and others who are doing this second time around and chilling.....i'm a wreck but obviuosly acting really cool and like she will sail through it and either way it doesn't matter!!!

Anyways just think it'll be much better this time tomorrow! Just want to wish everyone good luck and parents hold on!!!!!!!!!!! We totaly intend to chill after th exam........what is everyone else planning to do?? I remember last year it all seemed a bit anti-climax. However it is DS1's bday tomorrow so we plan to go and celebrate !!

FTM
auricula

Post by auricula »

hahaha sounds just like this house!! think they may be seeing through my acting cool though!

Think nice lunch somewhere and the cinema for us. Think I shall probably be asleep during the meal, either that or will have been comitted to a mental institution by then!!!
KenR

Post by KenR »

What is the comprehension tape pls?

I haven't heard that mentioned before
In the early years of Durham CEM they used to play a tape of an english passage during the 1st paper of the exam and then ask question about it after the break in the 2nd paper - Caused a lot of problems and tears.

They might try it again - who knows
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hey, I think I will be joining you in the institution !!! :shock:

Two years in a row ....thank god DC 3 is only 6 hopefully by his turn they will become extinct !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FTM
brummum

Post by brummum »

Hello all

We've done the fireworks tonight to take DS's mind off tomorrow - glad when its all over to be honest :)

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow :D
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Good luck for tomorrow, everyone!

Mike
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Good Luck all, not going through it myself this year thankfully, just happily waved off oldest son who is helping out with the 'meet and greets!'
Hope all goes well for all your lovely dc, thinking of you all, not long now, roll on this afternoon and treat time!
Good luck! :D
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

The prefects were very good- DS was a little nervous, so they made him feel at ease. The rush wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Managed to get DS and DD registered well in time.

Roll on clock...I think I'll have some of DD's chocolate cake that she baked yesterday :)
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Well, another couple of hours and it's all done! Slightly less frantic than last time, managed to arrive in good time - although not according to the scare-mongering idiot on the gate yelling "5 minutes to get your daughter into school!" ...hm, no, 20 minutes actually by my watch :x !

Mike
shinealight

Post by shinealight »

Well it's all over for now anyway until Feb 2011 when we start biting our nails and waiting for March 1st...! :|

Ds said exam wasn't too bad... but time will tell I suppose.. :roll:

This may help those preparing for 2011..

Test content removed by Moderator. There will be children taking the test late and they would have an unfair advantage if details of the test are disclosed on here.

He seems ok but not questionning him too much.. Treating him to lunch now and shopping trip... think retail therapy at the gamestation will be much welcomed after all this hard work :lol:
Shinealight
Always looking on the bright side of life..!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now