opinion

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
michellehey

opinion

Post by michellehey »

Can anyone help me, my son has sat his 11+ in the half term (Oct 05) basically went in blind apart from a seeing a couple of practice papers.
He sat 2 verbal reasoning papers and tells me on the practice paper he got 94/100 I just wanted to know if that was just luck or if many other children found the practice paper easy? and would the actual papers be the same. My son said they were all alike.

We come from the warwickshire area.

Post by Guest »

I can't answer your question, but my niece did the test in Warwickshire for Alcester Grammar. She could get 100% in practise tests and usually got 90% or over. She also got into the school. I don't think that the tests are as hard as some in other areas of the country, as I know that she couldn't do as well on NFER papers. Be happy, if he can get 94% that is excellent, as I can imagine some children don't do as well. You may need to get a higher mark for King Edward school in Stratford, I am not sure. Out of interest who does the tests for Warwickshire?
michellehey

Post by michellehey »

I am not sure who does the tests, we just applied to the LEA and they sent us times and dates of where the tests were to be taken, but yes he is trying for KES

Thanks for your reply. Guess I will just have to wait till March to find out.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now