'libraby' or library?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mike1880

Re: 'libraby' or library?

Post by mike1880 »

I'm not going to criticise, we all have our occasional wobbles. I've struggled all my life with "separate" and "accommodate" (?) and last week I had a complete mental block about "unnecessary" and had to resort to a dictionary, although I've been spelling it correctly without a second thought for about 40 years.

However, I'm profoundly grateful that Master 1880 didn't sit his KE test in a library. They'd never have got him into his seat and he'd have been disqualified...

Mike
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

mike1880 wrote: However, I'm profoundly grateful that Master 1880 didn't sit his KE test in a library. They'd never have got him into his seat and he'd have been disqualified...
Mike
:lol: :lol: Oh dear, I also hope my DS won't sit his test in a library in a year time!
My poor little bookworm :oops:
concerto

Post by concerto »

KES Parent wrote:
concerto wrote:My son did the exam this morning. When we picked him up, we noticed he had a sticker on his top. We asked him what it was for, and he said it was to show which room he did the exam in, which was the library. However, the sixth former who issued the sticker couldn't spell and wrote 'libraby' instead!!!!!! So he was going round all morning with 'libraby' on his shirt!
We weren't that impressed(!)...this is a sixth former from a KE grammar school and he can't spell library!!!!! My son could spell that in yr1...
How about showing some gratitude that these young men gave up their Saturday morning to help your son and all the other boys feel at ease on what was undoubtedly a very anxious day for many of them, rather than making fun of what was clearly just a slip of the pen while they were writing something in a hurry. I am sure if you don't think the Camp Hill prefects are up to the standard your son will expect at his future school, there will be plenty of people only too grateful to have the place you will be turning down.

What makes you think I am making fun of them? In fact, it was another sixth former that pointed out the spelling error. Did they make any effort to correct it? No. Instead they just grinned to each other.
Each year KECH take 93 boys out of nearly 1000; I was merely pointing out that what I saw and what I read was apparently true. If you would care to read this link, http://www.le.ac.uk/ssds/esac/employabi ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I sincerely hope these super selective children do not fit into these categories.

I never said KECH was not good enough for my son. I have no more children sitting these 11+ exams, so I am going to retire from this forum.
Oh on second thought, to be in Camp Hill or not to be in Camp Hill, well, that is the question. I might tell you in March .Off to the school's 'libraby' now :D
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Hi concerto, I hope you're not leaving under a cloud. I value the advice and assistance you've given me over the last couple of years and would be sorry to see you go.

Mike