KE Aston waiting list last year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lindah162

KE Aston waiting list last year

Post by lindah162 »

Hello, I know this is not really relevant now, but I was just wondering if anyone knows or has a child that got a place at Aston from the waiting list?

I ask as my son was 11th on the list and right up until the last minute I kept checking if he moved up. He hadn't! When i think about it I still feel a bit sad. Did any lucky chiuldren gain a place eventually I wonder?
rugbymom

Re: KE Aston waiting list last year

Post by rugbymom »

My son started at 31 and moved to 28....strange your son stayed at 11. From this I assumed that 3 must have got in off the waiting list!!!
How strange!
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi All

Waiting lists for KE schools can be confusing and difficult to predict due to a number of factors:-

1. Individual Heads in the various KE schools set the number of offers and in particular how many over their PAN they intend to offer to allow for parents that do not accept an offer of a place. Most offer between 5% to 10% over the PAN some although some Heads such as the CHB often set higher than this.

2. After National allocation day on the 1st March, if any child declines their offered place a particular KE school, this does not result in the place being offered to a child on the waiting list until the surplus between the PAN and the No. Offered has been used up. Thus a child at number 11 on the waiting may in practice be number 11 + x , where x is the number of over PAN offers made.

3. Additionally, there may be late arrivals in the region who sit the test late, either just before or even just after 1st March. In this situation, late applicants will be inserted into the waiting list at an appropriate point depending on the late exam score. Children who score higher than the minimum pass score for that particular school will be placed at the top of the waiting list.

4. Finally B/ham LEA (or other LEAs) may allow late applications to be posted for reasons of maladministration etc. Again children can be inserted into the waiting list at the appropriate point
lindah162

Post by lindah162 »

Hello, thanks for the replies.

Rugbymom, my son may have moved up 3 places. I rang quite a lot during the first few wks and there was no movement at all. I guess those 3 places would have come up later. Either way, he wouldn't have got in sadly! Oh well.
rugbymom

Post by rugbymom »

I know, It's sad for them...so close....
Where does your son go now? Is he settled ? XX