Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DadTutor

Re: Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Post by DadTutor »

Spoke to Solihull Ed Dept this morning.

Letters going out Monday, if not received by Wednesday, then telephone and result will be given over phone.

Wish I'd done application online now :roll: to find out Monday night at midnight.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Hi Dadtutor, we also filled out a paper application and so will not know results till Tuesday evening, unless I get the OH to go home at lunchtime. We live in Solihull LEA. I assume we can't change the method of reporting out at this late stage.
um

Post by um »

Our post (like our rubbish collection :D ) is frequently late or completely missing...this prompted me to apply online, but the letter actually did come the next day! Oddly enough, it didn't feel completely 'real' until I was holding the letter in my hands!
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

um wrote:Our post (like our rubbish collection :D ) is frequently late or completely missing...this prompted me to apply online, but the letter actually did come the next day! Oddly enough, it didn't feel completely 'real' until I was holding the letter in my hands!

I can totally relate, although our post frequently finds its way to our neighbours! Thankfully they respect our privacy, but still...

I also applied online as the school advised us to - didn't want to risk the neighbours finding out before I did!
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

Dad_Tutor, thanks for that info.

I'm now even more confused (doesn't take a lot to confuse me !). Tuesday is 1st March. So are Solihull Ed Dept saying they will send out the letters on Monday the 28th, 1st class ? Did they tell you anything about when they would send the emails out for those of us living in Solihull that applied online ?

When I rang Solihull Admissions, they told me they send the letters out 1st class on the 1st March and made email 'offers' on 2nd (but couldn't tell us what time), to ensure everyone got the results at the same time.

It would be great to know what the timings are (or does it change from year to year ?), but I haven't got a clue as it's my first time and conflicting information from everywhere :|

Does anyone know what has happened in previous years for Solihull residents applying online ?
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Now I'm confused.... :?:
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

Think I might ring Solihull Ad again tomorrow (for the 3rd time). I'll probably get another completely different answer. Obsessed ? me ? noooooo :oops:
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Please, I need to plan my sickie accordingly :lol:
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

You and me both no_ball ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DadTutor

Post by DadTutor »

no_ball wrote:Hi Dadtutor, we also filled out a paper application and so will not know results till Tuesday evening, unless I get the OH to go home at lunchtime. We live in Solihull LEA. I assume we can't change the method of reporting out at this late stage.
Afraid not. Can not change method of notification at this stage.

Oh for the days when the post arrived at breakfast time instead of 11am....if your lucky. :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now