Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gettingnervous

Re: Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Post by gettingnervous »

Right, latest on Solihull applications.

I phoned Solihull admissions this morning and spoke to a very nice lady who told me that the letters will go out 1st class on 1st March to arrive on Wednesday (hopefully).

For those who made online applications / are setup to receive decision by email, the email will be sent sometime in the evening on the 1st March. So I will be glued to my computer from 5pm on Tuesday evening !

I will not be ringing them again in case I get a different answer yet again :lol: Perhaps I was pestering them in the hope they would get sick of me and tell me my DS's allocation but unfortunately that hasn't worked :lol:

Good luck everyone, hope you all get the news you are waiting for.
legaraal

Post by legaraal »

Solihull Council sent me an email yesterday ( in response to one I had sent to them querying how and / or when the results will be sent out to parents if you applied "on paper" rather than online), and their email states that the letters will be sent out on 28th Feb, and will be sent out by second class post "as a cost saving exercise". Their email also says that the letter "will" arrive on 2nd March. They obviously have a lot more faith in the postal system than my experience has led me to have.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Thanks for the update, sounds reasonable. They are firmly in control as always. Important thing is not to let any of this filter down to the kids for those going down the grammar route.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Why cant they post the letters out 1st class on the Monday , so they 'arrive ' on the 1st ?

Guess its just them having that final bit of power for one more day . Their attitude stinks - and I hope you are reading this.

We might send the emails out this day / this time... ohhhh your so people friendly. :evil:

If they really dont know what time the emails are going out , it just shows how incompetent they are.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Hopefully some of David Cameron's much needed cuts will sort out the extensive dead wood currently residing in their council posts (at all levels). The civil service needs more private type management, only then will those paying top end tax see some rest and benefit. Rant over....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now