tutor help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jj443

tutor help

Post by jj443 »

HI all, this is my first posting so please be gentle with me :) My daughter is currently in year 4 and we were thinking of getting her some extra tuition to help with prep for the 11+ exam and would really appreciate some advice.
Is it too early to find a tutor? I phoned up a tutor in Sutton and she said she was fully booked until 2016!
I've found a list of tutors on this website but how do we decide who to go for? Have any of you used any of these tutors? eg Extra Tuition group?
I just dont know where to start and would welcome your advice,
thanks in advance
sky111

Re: tutor help

Post by sky111 »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum too. I am home tutoring my son for Nov 11 exams. There are alot of tutorial centres but, I can't seem to justify their prices :o . Maybe I studied too much economics at school so c£10 spent on one book gets me a few hours tutorial time and, I get inspiration from this forum. Certainly would appreciate if others who are DIY'ing for this years exams or in the past would share any tips. Anyone who have used the tutorial centres in the past and would like to help me by sharing techniques etc, please send PM.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now