No FM

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yummymummy

No FM

Post by yummymummy »

Hi guys,
Just browsing on the forum and realise that FM is no longer a member, FM has been invaluable in help and advise. Who do we go to for advise now?
UmSusu

Re: No FM

Post by UmSusu »

Hello. Yes you are right, she has been a fountain of advice. I personally, would not have pursued tutoring DS had it not been for her guidance about the exams, preparation and detailed responses to questions.

She seems to have left quite suddenly, so I hope she is ok. If she does ever re-join and read this, I would like to pass on my heartfelt thanks.
UmSusu
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I noticed it over the weekend when I went to PM her about something we'd been discussing a while back :( . I will certainly miss her (even though I've finished with all this malarkey), she's been an enormous help and a fount of wisdom and common sense.

Mike
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

fm is fine as far as we know, she just decided it was time to move on..

I agree, she made a great contribution to the site which was very much appreciated.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

I agree the B'ham forum especially won't be the same without her! I will miss her posts :(

But since she's moved on, couldn't some of her posts be amalgamated into a sticky for newbies?

reeyah

Post by reeyah »

DIY Mum wrote: I agree the B'ham forum especially won't be the same without her! I will miss her posts :(

But since she's moved on, couldn't some of her posts be amalgamated into a sticky for newbies?

Yes please :-). I'd love to read FM's posts.
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

What a shame she is not on the forum. I can relate to what everyone has said she was invaluable on this forum. Thank you FM.

Is she still tutoring?
guest27

Post by guest27 »

FM was the most helpful, knowledgeable and genuinely caring tutor I have come across. Not only was she useful on this site, but in person. She gave us direction as as family and motivation when the going got tough! DS had his first day at grammar school this week and athough at the end of the day he needed the brain and application, it was FM that steered his path. If only there were more tutors like her!
poppit

Post by poppit »

Which part of Birmingham does FM tutor in? Does she still tutor?

She was a knowledgeable, down to earth and witty contributor to this forum.

poppit
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now