Eid Mubarak - Non 11+ stuff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Eid Mubarak - Non 11+ stuff

Post by scary mum »

Thank you for explaining, I was interested too. I was going to ask my children, who know far more about these things than I do! Can I ask one more question? Is Ramadan always at this time of the year? In some ways it must have made it easier being in the summer holidays, but then you have a long fast in the summer. Presumably in places where they have a more equal day/night or winter in the southern hemisphere it is easier for the children to be part of it?
scary mum
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Start of Ramadan moves back two weeks every year. This year start was 010811, next year about 190712 and so on... It will start on 1st august again in around 32 years time or so. In 5 years time , gcse for DS, it will be fasting season
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Thank you for such a clear explanation. I really appreciate it.
Precious

Post by Precious »

I Happened to stumble on this thread, and although its a little belated, a very warm Eid mubarak to all.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

cheers.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

no_ball wrote:cheers.
eid mubarak to all my bros and sisters hope you had a nice day ang a good ramadan im from bucks so we had eid on wed but some bros/sis had it on tuesday but this always happen down here. im mother of 5 so it was hectic in my house during the holidays but inshaallah there back in school, my ds did her fast fasting this year and marshallah she did all of them, prayed and finished the quran i am so proud if her. may allah accept all of our preys .
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I am from London and Muslim brothers sighted new moon in morocco on Monday night so we did Eid on Tuesday, Allah makes the final correction. The time when ummah starts and finishes consistently together is the time....until then we see what is happening to us! Ameen.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

no_ball wrote:I am from London and Muslim brothers sighted new moon in morocco on Monday night so we did Eid on Tuesday, Allah makes the final correction. The time when ummah starts and finishes consistently together is the time....until then we see what is happening to us! Ameen.
there is a division between punjabi and pushtoon in bucks the pushtoons celebrated on tue and punjabis on wed . i am a pushtoon but bacause we preyed in the mosque near to us, they did eid on wed.apparantly is this true that where ever you see the new moon in the world you should celebrate eid the next day or does it have to be seen only in the country you live.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I follow a scholar in Yemen, he says if one lives in a kuffar country such as ours, then it the sighting in nearest Muslim country on latitude. Moon cycle is different in Indonesia than USA for instance, birth etc...It's down to the individual and education. Allah will make the correction inshallah.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Thank you to pheasantchick for asking the question and thank you to no_ball for your explanation. It is so interesting to learn about other peoples' faith and I admire your faith and self-discipline as it must be very difficult to fast. Knowledge and understanding are so important. :)