2011 11+tests - how much multiple choice?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ginobellavia

2011 11+tests - how much multiple choice?

Post by ginobellavia »

On the KEGS website the tests are described as mostly multiple choice but their paperwork states "some" multiple choice.

Can anyone enlighten as to how much multiple choice their might be and if the GL assessment variety packs reflect this mix?
um

Re: 2011 11+tests - how much multiple choice?

Post by um »

Again, I would strongly recommend looking at the sticky on past exam formats. This should answer your questions.

I do use GL English (Comprehension) multiple choice papers, but do not set the proof reading activities.
ginobellavia

Post by ginobellavia »

um wrote:Again, I would strongly recommend looking at the sticky on past exam formats. This should answer your questions.

I do use GL English (Comprehension) multiple choice papers, but do not set the proof reading activities.
Thanks for this. I have looked at the sticky and also asked other parents whose children have done the exams.

I have booked our kids in for a mock test but with limited time left I am keen to ensure they focus on the right areas
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

Hi, I may be wrong but I think the vocab and non-verbal were multi choice but the maths were not.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

There's no harm in doing some proof reading. Who knows? They may even throw it in this year :!:

Agree Dende, I don't remember ds2 saying that Maths was mc . Even the tiny number of algebra questions that were thrown in last year, were also of the standard type.