applying to another grammar school on the basis of distance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
azr

11+ grammer

Post by azr »

Hi,

I would like to know if u can apply to another grammer school on the basis of distance, my child has been offered a place at KES fiveways but it is way out from where I live. I have my other children going to a school in Moseley but my youngest child is in and out of hospital most of the time due to his disability. It can be hard for me if I had to get to the school in emergency.

someone please help.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Azr

You are better asking this sort of question on the Birmingham forum.
(suggest this post is moved to that forum by the Moderator)

Regarding distance to school, Why did you put KEFW down on your LEA form if you knew you wouldn't be able to get to the school? What school do you want to appeal for - another KE Grammar

Having said that there is a very comprehensive School Bus system using the The Green Bus Company that serves most of the city and the surrounding area. Are you sure that there isn't a stop near you? One bus goes through Hall Green, Moseley and King Heath - most children use the school bus system

If you are going to appeal (presumably you want another KE grammar) then this is unlikely to be successful - I am only aware of 1 successful appeal on the distance over the years. (The figures are published in the KE Foundation Govenors reports)

Regards

Post by Guest »

According to the KEF rules, it would have to be an appeal, and you would have to put a strong case across for the changes. I am not an expert in these matters, you have to speak to the foundation and state your case.

Good luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now