KE Consortium Exam Content - Nov 2011

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
UmSusu

Re: KE Consortium Exam Content - Nov 2011

Post by UmSusu »

I have managed to extract some information from DS - but I did have to hold him upside down by the ankles and shake it out of him (only joking! :) ). Although he was eager to share initially, by the time we got home he was not so keen - but with DS2 taking the exam next year I was wanted to know as much as I could, so a plate of his favourite food got the conversation flowing a little.

I left him alone after that. Reeyah, I should say that whilst I am also itching to know what everyone else has to say about the exam, DCs giving feedback is a mixed blessing: you still don't know whether they understood / answered the questions correctly and some of what they say raises more questions than answers. I still can't use it to predict how well he did / did not do - all I know is that he claims he only missed a few questions and he is 'certain' that he got 'at least 80%: :D or should that be:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ? ................

.....................By the way, he said something similar about the mocks and he only got about 50% and missed a tonne of questions :oops: . My DS has no idea about the 'twist' you mention Succeed, so that is another thing to think about. I guess that just confirms his fate :(.
Last edited by UmSusu on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UmSusu
succeed

Post by succeed »

Hi Umsusu, I wouldn't worry too much about your son not recalling the 'twist' - it probably just means he didn't have a problem with it! :wink:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Thanks for the reassurance Succeed, but I have gone past the worrying stage really.
If he passed it would be a lovely surprise but I am not going to hold my breath - he did his best until the very end and took it all very seriously - I can't really ask for more from a 10 yr old.
UmSusu
succeed

Post by succeed »

UmSusu wrote:'he did his best until the very end and took it all very seriously - I can't really ask for more from a 10 yr old.
Spot on.
KenR

Post by KenR »

I've still only had feedback of the exam content from 1 parent (thanks KE hopeful) - please drop me a PM with whatever you child remembers and I will consolidate and publish in the new year

Thanks
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Come on, guys...eagerly waiting for information re: ke exam.

A couple of people have said that there were no mental maths (plus point in my book - only because dd2 is diabolical in that area). :|

UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Don't worry DIY Mum, I will try and collect the bits of paper I wrote things on and get them to KenR during the week. I am sure others will follow suit too.
UmSusu
Camphillian

Post by Camphillian »

I'm not sure why people are so keen to see information about the test published here. I don't have a DC taking it this year, so have no axe to grind, but unless you are 100% confident that your DC will be offered a place at their chosen school on 1st March, isn't there a danger of them being pushed further down the waiting list by late entrants who might pick up useful pointers on here?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

No.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Camphillian

I'm a moderator for the EPE site and my children have long sinced passed 11+ age (20 & 16) hence I am impartial - I simply suggested that if parents wanted to send me a PM of information they have gleaned from their child while this is still fresh in the mind then I would collate all this together and publish on the site in the new year when the 2nd reserve exam has long since passed.

There is no sinister motive at all

I think parents have found it useful seeing how the exam content has changed over the the years.

The purpose is to try to level the playing field for those that do self tuition as most professional tutors do find out the exam format

I hope this explains the motives

Regards
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now