Wolverhampton Girls High - What on earth takes 5 hours?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Professor Yaffle

Re: Wolverhampton Girls High - What on earth takes 5 hours?!

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Hi ChessDadPlus

The format of WGHS exam has changed this year. Previously girls sat 4 1 hour papers- VR, NVR, maths and English which were I think GL style. For the exam this year they have joined forces with the Newport and Walsall grammars to form a consortium. All children applying for any of these schools will now sit the same CEM exam on the same day consisting of 2 45 minute papers which contain a mixture of all of the above.

Do you have a DD sitting the 2012 exam for entry next year?
ChessDadPlus

Post by ChessDadPlus »

Professor Yaffle wrote:Hi ChessDadPlus

The format of WGHS exam has changed this year. Previously girls sat 4 1 hour papers- VR, NVR, maths and English which were I think GL style. For the exam this year they have joined forces with the Newport and Walsall grammars to form a consortium. All children applying for any of these schools will now sit the same CEM exam on the same day consisting of 2 45 minute papers which contain a mixture of all of the above.

Do you have a DD sitting the 2012 exam for entry next year?
Correct, just a few weeks left now...

So we basically need 1.5 hrs timed every day till then for the practice, I think that should be doable in between Disney Channels :)
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

It'll be 2 x 45 minutes papers (which take an hour each with the administration) plus a short break in the middle. No need to do 1.5 hours straight through.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now