Early date for B'ham GS exams 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moseleymum

Re: Early date for B'ham GS exams 2012

Post by moseleymum »

I have a DS who has just started in Year 4.

Will he be doing the Consortium Exam in Sep 2014 (start of yr 6 for him) or will it be in July 2014 (end of yr 5)? I keep hearing different things...
sss

Post by sss »

If dc will be doing the test in the July of Year 5 then you may as well call it the 10+ exam!!!! (in fact my ds would still be 9 in July of Year 5)!!! :x
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

So will mine! He is very young for the year and that's why I'm worried. Someone told me the Head at Handsworth mentioned it during the Open Evening.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

moseleymum, I called the foundation office and they said that the heads have not yet got together to determine the date for next year's exam. They also said that it is 'most likely' (not certain though) to be 7th September 2013. I think it might be a case of parents mixing up the deadline for registration (mid-July) with the exam date - it does not seem any move to July has been decided yet.

It will be January before they can say what the date is for certain.

UmSusu
UmSusu
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Thank you! I thought it was far too early but the fact this person said it was mentioned at an Open Day made me wonder if anyone else came away with the same impression. Think the scaremongering has started early for my youngest.... :roll: