Early date for B'ham GS exams 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

UmSusu

Re: Early date for B'ham GS exams 2012

Post by UmSusu »

I wanted to use the Warks exam as practice too! Oh well........ I don't think anyone will do them any earlier.
UmSusu
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Tutor centres rubbing their hands with glee!! More fear factors playing on the more and more with anxious parents! Beware
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

KenR wrote:I wonder if this will be the same test in B/Ham and Warks to save money on Durham compiling 2 tests
Let's hope it's the Birmingham test, at least we have some context about that one.

On a different note warks 11+ admissions could not confirm/deny if warks and bgham tests will be on the same date. Watch this space!!!
um

Post by um »

Just noticed the foundation website seems out-of-date as it is still saying exams are in November:

http://www.kingedwardsfoundation.co.uk/ ... rammar.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

The main grammar school admissions page is completely up to date though:

http://www.kingedwardthesixth.org/timetable.htm

It's going to take more than a month to get results by the looks of it :shock: .

Mike
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Thank-you for the link.

That confirms it, then. Sit the exam in September..... results out in October! :o
saraakash

Post by saraakash »

I do feel for parents with children currently in yr 5 , the prep time has reducede quite abit , but look at the bright side no more waiting about for results .
Just think about the turmoil me and many of this years parents shall be going through all the way till March 2012 :cry:
sky111

Post by sky111 »

DIY Mum wrote:Thank-you for the link.

That confirms it, then. Sit the exam in September..... results out in October! :o

Grammar test results are not an offer of a place and, will probably be only a guidance in respect of whether to name Grammar schools on the selection form. The reality is longer waiting time for school offer and less preparation time. Agree that a bit of pressure on kids will do them good :lol: :lol: :lol:
MSD

Post by MSD »

Agreed, the results are not an offer of place but must inform if your child has been successful and based on the score the KEGS schools you can put down on the LEA form.

Surely, without this information you will have to put all the KEGS schools on the LEA form.
um

Post by um »

Has anyone heard anything about Warks and Walsall's arrangements?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now