KES Exam.. Apply by Dec 6th!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rachag

Re: KES Exam.. Apply by Dec 6th!

Post by rachag »

Personally, I would not say write an essay a day.
If you are suggesting half an hour for improving essays / techniques, then may be worth considering something to keep it more interesting e.g both of you sit down and scribble notes for and against for 5 mins, e.g tv in bedrooms, discuss what you each have put and then look at a sensible order to put the points in and discuss an opening and closing paragraph. Much better than child sitting there alone. Also discussing different emotions and trying to describe the feelings in depth (then check they can spell the words), looking at images (newspaper, art) and trying to put into words the images and feelings etc.
I once heard of an author 'he took a word and moved it until it reflected the light' which I think is a lovely way of looking at it. Phrasing and rhythm of language can be discussed in even simple descriptive writing tasks. :D
'
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Apologies, I should have said that it was a personal opinion...
As far as I can tell, DC is still well and thriving!
poppit

Post by poppit »

I once heard of an author 'he took a word and moved it until it reflected the light' which I think is a lovely way of looking at it. Phrasing and rhythm of language can be discussed in even simple descriptive writing tasks
Gorgeous quote :)
succeed

Post by succeed »

UmSusu wrote: APs are not easy to come by.
This is true , of course. However, Kes has been very pro- active in generating funds to increase the number of assisted places available year on year.

http://kes.interaweb.com/latest/kes-wins-award.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently, 35 boys last year were awarded an AP. A quarter of the year group.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now