The waiting game

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

The waiting game

Post by um »

80 days (6,912,000 seconds) to go until we (the Year 6 parents) find out our children's results on 1 March.

Given that they have probably marked the papers by now, can't we at least get the scores instead of suffering this painful and agonising wait? :x

We are the very last tranche of parents to suffer this way :(

Do you think they'll give out scores if we ask nicely? :D
poppit

Re: The waiting game

Post by poppit »

Oh yes, I wish we knew now.

I have no idea why it takes so long to tell us. I remember watching 'The Big School Lottery' last year and when the big moment came the lady in charge at Birmingham LEA just pressed a button and the computer programme did the analysis and came up with the allocations pretty quickly. Before then they just seemed to be checking that people weren't lying about where they lived so that they were in the catchment area by visiting suspect addresses, although why they don't just use the council tax records I don't know.

If I knew that DS1 had got in to a GS we wouldn't be revising over the Christmas break for KES and Solihull. But because we don't know, we just have to assume the worst and press on :(

I wonder if there is a market for an Advent Calendar style count down to March 1st, I wonder what would be behind the doors?
um

Post by um »

The 'advent' calendar is a great idea...in fact I think we need one to count down to the exam as well, with synonyms and problem solving behind the doors :lol:

But...I really want ds2's results :(
twinsmom11

Post by twinsmom11 »

I agree, this is not fair...friends living near slough area already said they knew couple of their friends dc's who got their 'results' already :( Why are we disadvantaged I can't understand..
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I am breaking it down into smaller hurdles: the holidays, the KES exam, then the KES results based on which I will make all sorts of conjecture about the likely outcome of the KEGS exams - that will leave about 10 days until results day!

I just hope we get news worth looking forward to.

Baby steps......
UmSusu
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Once the kes results come out, the lea results come round quite quickly!

Good luck
Camphillian

Post by Camphillian »

I would really hate to know in early October that my DC's score was within a couple of marks either way of the previous year's required score for one of the grammar schools. You would spend four and a half months agonising over whether he would just scrape in or just fail to get in. Much better to be in complete ignorance, I would have thought. Also, we will have to decide what to tell our DCs and perhaps cause them a lot of anxiety about something they might have put out of their mind until 1st March.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

UmSusu wrote: then the KES results based on which I will make all sorts of conjecture about the likely outcome of the KEGS exams
I am not sure you can guess anything from the KES exams results to get an idea of a pass or a fail for the grammars.
From what I understood , some children manage KES but not a grammar, some manage a grammar but not KES... and a few ones (the ones having a stroll in the park :wink: ) manage both!!

Therefore we can't deduct anything from a pass or a fail at KES. We can just be happy to have a plan B in a good shape :D ...
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Stroll in the park....
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

You are right KES can't be used to deduce anything else but that won't stop me from drawing whatever conclusion suits me at the time!

'stroll in the park' .............. I am afraid that is one quote we are going to remember.
UmSusu