Solihull School exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

UmSusu

Re: Solihull School exam

Post by UmSusu »

Congratulations poppit, that is great news :D . There is no need to be coy, I am happy for you!
UmSusu
poppit

Post by poppit »

:D Thank you Umsusu that is sweet and generous of you.
bobby

Post by bobby »

We are very happy with Solihull School. They are very firm about discipline and studying yet their music/art/drama/sport are all very big parts of the school life. Coming from an inner city B'ham primary school it is pleasantly refreshing that it's not all about academia - if that makes senses. The primary school's focus was very much on academic results and very little on the extra curricular activities which I feel gives the children the 'all roundness' that is so needed. However, my DS would probably think that Solihull still places too much on the academic side - they do have lots of homework and are very strict in lessons! If you have any further questions, am happy to private email.
um

Post by um »

I know little about the school and ds2 didn't sit the exam as the fees are beyond our budget - but I often go to Malvern Park nearby with my little ones and see the pupils (it is majority boys) going to the park for lunch etc.

I have to say they have always been very well behaved and good mannered (sadly unusual for secondary school pupils in a park!) and I was impressed with them.
poppit

Post by poppit »

Hi Bobby I have sent you a private message.

um wrote: I often go to Malvern Park nearby with my little ones and see the pupils (it is majority boys) going to the park for lunch etc.

I have to say they have always been very well behaved and good mannered (sadly unusual for secondary school pupils in a park!) and I was impressed with them.
You paint a nice warm picture and like you say this isn't always the case.....another positive for Solihull then :) .
anxious_mother

Post by anxious_mother »

Hi Poppit,
Congrats to your DS and did he get a scholarship ?
Our DS too got a place but it is full fee paying. We are slightly disappointed that he hasn't got a scholarship but are happy to know that he qualified.
poppit

Post by poppit »

Hi anxious_mother

We have been offered a full fee paying place too.

poppit
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

I went twice to see the school on non open days, warts and all approach.
PM for my viewpoint if interested..know there are sensitivity issues on this one
twinsmom11

Post by twinsmom11 »

Thanks poiuyt for the PM..it was very informative but like you said, we will wait for the next big 2 to come up!
xx
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Best of luck to all, difficult choices to be made in the weeks ahead for all
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now