lex

Re: Waiting

Post by lex »

It must be a really anxious time for those who need an assisted place
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

lex wrote:So the chances are pretty good for those who were interviewed
I would think so lex. They said they interview the top 50 candidates for scholarship and then you have a good number for those who did very well and applied for APs. I would have thought they are pretty much garunteed an offer of a place, but parents' decisions may depend on the actual offer of an award with the place.

I suppose it is the borderline interviews that are more touch and go, but I do wonder how many they would reject based on their performance at interview if they did well enough to be considered.
UmSusu
lex

Post by lex »

UmSusu wrote:
lex wrote:So the chances are pretty good for those who were interviewed
I would think so lex. They said they interview the top 50 candidates for scholarship and then you have a good number for those who did very well and applied for APs. I would have thought they are pretty much garunteed an offer of a place, but parents' decisions may depend on the actual offer of an award with the place.

I suppose it is the borderline interviews that are more touch and go, but I do wonder how many they would reject based on their performance at interview if they did well enough to be considered.
Thanks for that ,it makes sense
bubblebug

Post by bubblebug »

We were given the impression that they were only interviewing about 50 boys, the day that we went in she said that my son was one of 5 boys that she saw that day.
She implied that they wouldnt necessarily only offer places to those interviewed. If you read through previous threads it seems they offer interviews for scholarships, ap's and borderline cases. they do however offer full paying places to some that didnt fall into any of these 3 categories also.
Therefore despite not having an interview or even despite having one you may still be offered a full paying place!

Good Luck to all
Camphillian

Post by Camphillian »

The normal way to get into KES is as a fee payer, and only a relatively small proportion of those get an interview - those being the tiny proportion who are being assessed for an academic scholarship and the borderline candidates who can swing their chances one way or another by a good or bad interview. The vast majority of full-fee payers just get offered a place without being interviewed.
um

Post by um »

Anyway, we're into single numbers now :D

9 days 23 hours 32 minutes...
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

um wrote:Anyway, we're into single numbers now :D

9 days 23 hours 32 minutes...

Thanks for that um :D . You are now the official countdown clock for this forum. I thought the single numbers would make the wait easier but not sure now - hence, why I am up at this time!

Please tell me this is easier for you the second time?
UmSusu
ok1

Post by ok1 »

There is only one minuscule plus point to all this waiting malarkey, that every day feels like christmas eve, waiting for santa to arrive – wahoo!

On a more serious note the kettle has been topped up and on the boil generating some heavy blows of steam, waiting for mr postman to arrive, so I am ready to begin my panache in creative undercover ‘conqueror’ origami, before DS comes home.
(always thinking ahead - I have a spare envelope in case my endeavour goes dreadfully pear shaped)

um – I concur with UmSusu single digits has definitely heightened the emotional state, if things weren’t bad enough already!
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

ok1 wrote:There is only one minuscule plus point to all this waiting malarkey, that every day feels like christmas eve, waiting for santa to arrive – wahoo!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ok1 wrote:
On a more serious note the kettle has been topped up and on the boil generating some heavy blows of steam, waiting for mr postman to arrive, so I am ready to begin my panache in creative undercover ‘conqueror’ origami, before DS comes home.
(always thinking ahead - I have a spare envelope in case my endeavour goes dreadfully pear shaped)
o thou cheat, ok1!! :wink:
The KES letter arrived on our doormat 5 mn ago... I'll dutifully wait for my little darling to open it... :lol: but I am going now to read the thread about all your good news, my dear EPE friends! :wink: