Waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
marma

Re: Waiting

Post by marma »

Well
Done to ur DD , Turtlegirl! Unfortunately we received the thin one from EHS!! Feeling quite gutted although quite Honestly couldn't really have afforded it .. I was prepared for it as I know DD had already realised she messed up on the creative writing but I was still hoping for the best :-(
wanting4

Post by wanting4 »

Congrats Turtlegirl :D Can you do it without the bursary do you think? Your dd must be so excited. Well done both of you. x
wanting4

Post by wanting4 »

Sorry to hear that Marma. What went wrong with the creative writing? Hopefully better news later on. x
marma

Post by marma »

She came out and said they had to write an opening paragraph to a setting they had been given .. It was infact opening paragraphS.. But I am sure that could not have been the only reason . There must have been weaknesses in other areas too even though the head seemed very impressed when she met her and said she could see her fitting in well with the school .. But nevermind a ' no ' from one direction should be seen as a redirection and not rejection :-)

I am sure my DD will do well wherever she goes .
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

So sorry to hear that marma. But what you say is so true - redirection rather than rejection. That should be a forum motto! And with an attitude like that I'm sure your daughter will succeed wherever she is.

wanting4 - it would be a big struggle without the bursary and we would then worry about my (younger) boys because we certainly couldn't afford fees for all three children. I'm going to call after half term to get a bit of a feel about it. I want to know how far down we are on the bursary waiting list, and also whether we'd have another chance to apply for a bursary if we had another lot of school fees to pay.
marma

Post by marma »

Thank you Turtlegirl
For ur kind words . Wishing u the best in getting that bursary .. I am sure many of the girls who are on there will end up going elsewhere anyway .

I am wondering if EHS will discuss the results with me if I contacted them .. Just out of curiosity??!!! Trust it to be half term now !
um

Post by um »

There's certainly no harm in asking for some feedback. After all I guess you paid for the test so a little bit of feedback may be useful and will only take a few minutes of their time.
Hope everything turns out the best for your daughter :)
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

I agree with um - especially as the EHS test cost 3 times as much as the KEHS one. You should get your money's worth!
wanting4

Post by wanting4 »

marma wrote:
I am sure my DD will do well wherever she goes .
'Course she will. I think focussed parents have a lot to do with a child's success.

Turtlegirl I feel your pain! With three for me too it makes it nearly impossible (if not a little unfair) to pay for one and not all three! Really need to go to the hairdressers today but I also need to pay for my DD's music fees today - guess which wins? :lol: Oh well! x
um

Post by um »

£75 for the EHS test ??? :shock:

You should certainly get your money's worth!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now