Not heard from KES feeling gutted & Sad :(

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
poiuyt

Re: Not heard from KES feeling gutted & Sad :(

Post by poiuyt »

From memory, results from kes landed on a Saturday; a thick a4 envelope indicated joining instructions and other things
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

I don't know how to pass the time. It is dragging on. I was so busy until the end of January I didn't have much time to think. Now there are 7 months until the next project and I have nothing to bury my head in. Anybody need anything doing? (as long as it is not housework!)
Yes please. I've got 7 years' worth of photos to put in albums. Let me know when you can come round Umsusu :P

Seriously though, I do feel for you all. I remember February last year as being the longest month of my life. I played out so many scenarios in my head and looked for clues as to what the results might be.

Good luck to all those waiting and tans, don't give up yet!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Thank you for your kind words DenDe.

I might just end up taking you up on that offer! At least you develop your photos: mine don't make it any further than my laptop - until a virus comes along and I have the lot wiped out.
poiuyt wrote:From memory, results from kes landed on a Saturday; a thick a4 envelope indicated joining instructions and other things
So I guess I should look out for the small flimsy envelope with just one sheet inside... :lol: :lol: :lol:
UmSusu
um

Post by um »

Actually I am just well and truly fed up of the long and sadistic wait too.

I also guess that a lot of parents' anxiety over the KES results/interview process is because they hope to extrapolate from that, how their child has done in the Grammar schools.
Let's face it, lovely as KES is, the majority of families simply cannot afford it in any case, especially in the current climate of rising prices and lowered wages.

The Grammar school exams were taken in November; they were probably marked shortly afterward.
Someone somewhere knows what our children scored, obviously, and by now I guess they also know what school they have been offered too.
From next year, parents will receive their results within weeks and while this is not an offer of a place, it elevates us from completely clueless to prepared, in terms of our children's futures.

We are the last lot of parents to endure this long and protracted wait for any idea of our our children have fared. It is cruel and ridiculous.
Patience is a virtue but surely we are not impatient for just wanting to know what is happening so we and our dcs know where we stand and can get on with things?

I have been asking my ds1 if he could hack into the LA admissions computer system but it appears the CH ICT dept hasn't covered those skills yet :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

um wrote:I have been asking my ds1 if he could hack into the LA admissions computer system but it appears the CH ICT dept hasn't covered those skills yet :roll:
:lol: :lol: decades back I remember some very bright KES sixth form boys getting into trouble for hacking into B'ham university computing system.. they were reprimanded and went on to very successful university careers. The University however, hadn't realised that it was possible that anyone could hack into the computer :roll: being the very early days of such things... the lads I think did them a favour ... :wink:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

So it seems the lads at KES have an ongoing fascination with UofB then?

I am not one to gossip but.....I often see a group of them huddled outside the the back of the Guild of Students building early in the morning with their cigarettes - their uniform is quite a giveaway, but I guess it is better than being caught smoking on school grounds!
UmSusu
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

UmSusu wrote:So it seems the lads at KES have an ongoing fascination with UofB then?

I am not one to gossip but.....I often see a group of them huddled outside the the back of the Guild of Students building early in the morning with their cigarettes - their uniform is quite a giveaway, but I guess it is better than being caught smoking on school grounds!
:lol: the girls aim used to be to get IN to the students' union - uniform was even more of a giveaway so they tended to have to wait until they were 6th formers before having much success!
anxious_mother

Post by anxious_mother »

I'm feeling a bit disappointed too that DS hasn't heard from KES. Although DS said paper was tough we were expecting atleast 20% scholarship. Anyway waiting for 1st March. :x
poppit

Post by poppit »

UmSusu wrote: I don't know how to pass the time. It is dragging on. I was so busy until the end of January I didn't have much time to think. Now there are 7 months until the next project and I have nothing to bury my head in. Anybody need anything doing? (as long as it is not housework!)
Oooh yes please, I rather fancy having your full armoury of languages to tell off my boys, the Punjabi style chastisement sounds like a WMD, do you do lessons? :D
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

UmSusu wrote: I don't know how to pass the time. It is dragging on. I was so busy until the end of January I didn't have much time to think. Now there are 7 months until the next project and I have nothing to bury my head in.
Hi Umsusu (ah! ah! I did feel you were under Egyptian influence with such a screenname! Or is there also a meaning in Penjabi? I LOVE Egypt and lived there many happy years! :wink:)

Enjoy the half term with your family... and then immerse yourself in Latin so that you can set full sail as soon as you get your project in 7 months!

As you also know French, I am sending you a song as an appetiser of what you’ll have to face!

Rosa rosa rosam
Rosae rosae rosa
Rosae rosae rosas
Rosarum rosis rosis

It’s the world’s oldest tango
which the dear little blonde mugs
blabber like a limerick
when learning their Latin.
It’s the tango of Catholic school,
where dreams are caught and trapped,
and whence it is ungodly
not to come out clever.